I have to share this recipe from Alton Brown. I used a boneless pork loin and butterflied it, then soaked it in the marinade for 24 hours. It grilled beautifully, was moist and the flavors were awesome. And leftovers were great in tacos the next night!

I had to make two alterations to the recipe, though. Since we were visiting my parents I couldn't use the chipotle, but subbed a few drops of chipotle hot sauce and some smoked paprika. And my Mom hates cilantro, so I omitted that (except, the next day when I made the tacos, I added it generously to mine).

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients

1 whole pork tenderloin, approximately 1 pound
1 lime, zest finely grated
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Directions

Trim the pork tenderloin of any excess fat and silver skin.

Place the lime zest, lime juice, honey, salt, and garlic powder in a small, lidded jar and shake to combine. Pour half of the marinade mixture into a 1-gallon resealable bag, add the chipotle pepper, and move around to combine. Add the pork tenderloin to the bag and seal, removing as much air as possible and place in a container to catch any leaks. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, rotating the bag halfway through the time. Place the remaining marinade in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.

Remove the tenderloin from the bag and allow to sit at room temperature while preparing the grill. Remove the reserved marinade from the refrigerator.

Fill a large chimney starter with natural lump charcoal and light. Once the charcoal is ashy and white, approximately 30 minutes, dump the hot charcoal onto the lowest grate of the grill and spread into an even layer using extra-long tongs. Place the cooking grate back on the grill and cover with the lid; heat the grate to medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.

Brush the grill with vegetable oil. Remove the tenderloin from the bag and place in the center of grate. Discard bag with marinade. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.

Remove the tenderloin from the grill and place on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil folded at the edges to create a basket, and pour on the reserved marinade. Wrap tightly and rest for 10 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and slice. Garnish with cilantro and serve.

Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown, 2009

I served the pork with cheese rice and a fresh corn, black bean, tomato, and avocado salad with lime dressing. Great summer meal!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe review foodfiend I have to share this...
This sounds really good Vicci! I have copied and saved. Since William has recently banned chicken, I am constantly looking for pork and seafood recipes he would like. Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe review Gourmet_Mom This sounds really g...
Oh, that does sound good!

Another dish calling for 'marinating' the meat after cooking. I really like this idea and method!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe review cjs Oh, that does sound ...
Jean, I really liked the before-and-after marinating method a lot. I removed the pork from the grill and placed it in a casserole dish with a cover (the Alton was seemed like a waste of foil), then the (warmed) marinade was poured over, the dish was covered, and the meat rested in its juices and the remaining marinade and finished cooking. I have to try this with chicken!
Vicci

my cooking adventures

Re: Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe review foodfiend Jean, I really liked...
it works great - here's the chicken I did a week or so ago. Marinated chicken with fresh herbs
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe review cjs it works great - her...
Vicci, you should also look at Blane's last dinner review that is similar method. It was delicious!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe review Gourmet_Mom Vicci, you should al...
Thanks, CJ.. I have lots of fresh herbs!

Daphne, thanks for the nudge in the direction of Blane's review.
Vicci

my cooking adventures

Re: Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe review foodfiend Thanks, CJ.. I have ...
There is also a grilled salmon recipe using this method floating around in the Cuisine at Home world. Very good.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe review