There was a noodle show on Fox 8 that showed a local restaurant doing healthy dishes. Of course, they weren't going to give away all their secrets.

Anyway, one of the orzo dishes had smoked salmon and capers. does anyone have any ideas for some type of dressing or would the salmon and capers flavor it enough? What about herbs?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Ideas for an orzo dish Mare749 There was a noodle s...
That sounds good. Maybe a lemon-dill vinaigrette?

Re: Ideas for an orzo dish Trixxee That sounds good. M...
I have done a parmesan lemon orzo and added whatever fresh herb I have on hand......basil is my favorite.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Ideas for an orzo dish Roxanne 21 I have done a parmes...
Italian parsley always works well in any type of orzo dish as well.

Re: Ideas for an orzo dish Trixxee Italian parsley alwa...
Yes, I do - but we're on the 2nd bottle of bubbly to cheer the darn Hawks on........get back to you
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Ideas for an orzo dish cjs Yes, I do - but we'r...
Maryann, have you tried the Fish Piccatta recipe. I think it's in one of the back issues. If you can't find it, let me know. It's basically just, like the chicken version, I think. And either one I'm making, I always double the sauce.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Ideas for an orzo dish Gourmet_Mom Maryann, have you tr...
Thanks everyone. It seems like lemon is the common thread here and pretty much what I was thinking as well. I like the suggestion for Italian parsley. That and lemon would really brighten up the dish.

Daphne, I have not made the piccatta recipe in quite some time, so I'll have to look it up.
Maryann

Re: Ideas for an orzo dish Mare749 Thanks everyone. It ...
I agree with Daphne - subbing smoked salmon for chicken in a piccata.

Most of my orzo dishes are dressed very simply with oil, lemon/lime, little mustard and herbs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Ideas for an orzo dish cjs I agree with Daphne ...
going thru old recipes and this one from you in 2008 popped up, Maryann. Not the flavors you're looking for right now, but we sure liked this.

Ricotta Orzo - I made it June 27, 2008
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Ideas for an orzo dish cjs going thru old recip...
I thought about making that one yesterday, then decided on the one with spinach and feta. It was so quick and easy and got rave reviews all around.

The dish that I mentioned in my original post looked more like a side dish than a main course. It may have even been eaten cold. The smoked salmon and capers were just used as part of the flavoring.
Maryann

Ideas for an orzo dish