What's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftover Salmon & Corn chowder here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday's Dinner, 10/22/15?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Actually I am kind of excited. I have a great deal of work to do and wanted a convenient meal. So I am making a crockpot chicken The Kitchen Wife. I also have some baked potatoes going in my smaller crock pot. These will take a little longer.

Crock Pot Chicken The Kitchen Wife

[Image: Crock-Pot-Whole-Chicken.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/22/15?? luvnit Actually I am kind o...
Let us know how that turns out Laura!

We have some really good guacamole leftover from the tostadas so we're doing grilled southwestern chicken sandwiches on fresh bolilo rolls, will top with a slice of swiss, a slice or two of bacon, guac, tomato slices. I'll use that grilled chicken taco rub that I posted on the rub thread.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/22/15?? Trixxee Let us know how that...
That chicken looks really good.

Freezer dive today, Norwegian meatballs with mashed potatoes and broccoli.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/22/15?? Trixxee Let us know how that...
I would be interested in that recipe as well, Laura. Please come back and review. Curious to know if the skin actually gets crispy.

We are having jambalaya tonight with 18 hour bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/22/15?? Mare749 I would be intereste...
Split pea and ham soup---from leftover ham the other day. Grilled cheese sandwich, also. One of Peter's favorite meals.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/22/15?? Roxanne 21 Split pea and ham so...
O.K. Is it that I'm eating out of the freezer every darn day or are all your choices spot on flavor-wise??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/22/15?? cjs O.K. Is it that I'm ...
I'm interested in that recipe, too, Laura. And I agree, it all sounds so good!

I'm FINALLY getting around to the Review Dinner: Spanish Scallop Newburg Casserole. Better late than never!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/22/15?? Gourmet_Mom I'm interested in th...
Doing the Sweet Garlic Chicken tonight. Had to come into work at 4 am the past three days and need an easy out tonight. I'm going to leave the skin on the bone-in thighs this time to see how it comes out, unless someone really thinks I should pull it off.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/22/15?? BarbaraS Doing the Sweet Garl...
Naw, it was wonderful with the skin....I'm just going to discard it from now on for the 'healthy' benefits.

If you like garlic pasta, be sure to keep the jus from cooking the chicken!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner, 10/22/15??