I don't normally do quiche. Not sure why? Anyway, in an effort to liven up our menus, I thought I'd start throwing one in there from time to time. So take it and go!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. Gourmet_Mom I don't normally do ...
Would frittatas work for you?
  ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. Gourmet_Mom I don't normally do ...
Daphne,

I make the Potato-Crust Quiche a few times a year. The leftovers are great and easy to reheat. It's from issue 45.

The earliest and easiest quiche I ever made came from the side of a Bisquick box.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. BarbaraS Daphne,[br][br]I mak...
Blane, frittata would be another fun thing to throw in the mix. Whatcha got?

Barbara, I looked at that one, and I have it marked. There is a deep dish one in another one that includes ham and spinach. I may start with that one if someone else doesn't tempt me with something else.
Daphne

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. Gourmet_Mom Blane, frittata woul...
I make quiche all the time, but unless it's for a holiday, I skip the crust part. I usually make one with spinach and cheese or zucchini and cheese, but sometimes I put some meat in them. Ron usually takes a piece in his lunch and has it for breakfast.

If you really want a crust, but not all the fat, I can give you my rice crust recipe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. Mare749 I make quiche all th...
Diced honey baked ham, caramelized onions, cheddar cheese and canned diced green chiles are a really good combo. Made a frittata with those ingredients last week.
  Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. Mare749 I make quiche all th...
Andouille & Sweet Potato Frittata. So delicious and with out a calorie heavy crust.

[Image: 1_zpskgquuhv2.jpg]

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. losblanos1 Andouille & Sweet Po...
Daphne, usually for the best frittatas, just open the fridge door and select your goodies. We have them quite often.

If I'm sautéing any of the ingredients, I use an oven-proof skillet to combine everything and then throw in a 375° oven.

or

mix everything in a bowl and pour into a pie plate or some such. Guess what I'm saying is I don't like the method of cooking a frittata complete stovetop. The get puffier and nicely browned in the oven. I guess I'm rambling....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. cjs Daphne, usually for ...
We love the quiche lorraine...a bit of time but WELL WORTH IT!! Great leftovers as well---if there are any The humble bacon, egg and onion pie
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. Roxanne 21 We love the quiche l...
You guys are great!

So Jean, are you saying to use the same custard as the quiche for a frittata?
Daphne
ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe.