I just posted this on Face book - I swear this method makes the most tasty salmon ever!!

"I know once in a while ( ) I can be effusive and overly animated about a recipe, but Honest to whoever this is the best flavored salmon I have ever tasted in my life.
A David Burke method for Pastrami Salmon, I will for sure be sending a fan letter.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...n-51240440

To be honest I had my doubts about the ingredients – they kind of reminded me of the “Blackened” everything of a few years ago which I wasn’t a fan of. The pungent odor and flavor of the coriander seeds combined with slightly hot with just a hint of sweetness of the black peppercorns combined with the sweet spicy mixture of molasses and cayenne…..just perfection.

Leftovers will be probably the best salmon patties I’ve ever made….stay tuned.

P.S. I’m getting to old for this marathon type of cooking – at the same time, I made a batch of Brioche buns and used the bay-flavored milk (from cooking cauliflower yesterday) to make a dish of Chile Rellenos – what the heck was I thinking. But, everything turned out and we have food for a week!! "
[Image: Nov%208%20Pastrami%20Salmon%202_zpsk1vs1yag.jpg]
[Image: Nov%208%20Brioche%20buns_zpszcv5l2xu.jpg]

whew!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

David Burke's Pastrami Salmon cjs I just posted this o...
Looks fabulous! He used to do pastrami spiced salmon when he worked at the Lafayette. Great taste.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: David Burke's Pastrami Salmon Lorraine Looks fabulous! He ...
Hi, stranger! Man,this is good. What a hit this would be on a buffet. We've been picking at it and it's great cold, too!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: David Burke's Pastrami Salmon cjs Hi, stranger! Man,th...
Thanks for the recipe, Jean. That sounds as delicious as it looks. Your brioche buns are gorgeous, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: David Burke's Pastrami Salmon Mare749 Thanks for the recip...
Thanks - Those little buggers are expensive to buy at the store for our sandwiches.....anxious to give them a try.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: David Burke's Pastrami Salmon cjs Thanks - Those littl...
It all looks and sounds fabulous!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: David Burke's Pastrami Salmon cjs Thanks - Those littl...
Just showed this to Ron and he's drooling. Yes, he is home again using another week of vacation. I think we might be buying some salmon this week.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: David Burke's Pastrami Salmon Mare749 Just showed this to ...
www.achefsjourney.com
David Burke's Pastrami Salmon