It's 3a.m. And I'm getting sicker than a dog! Had to get up to breathe. Roy & I seem to be passing this darn cold back and forth. So, we're heading home later this morning.

Anyway, what's for dinner for everyone?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? cjs It's 3a.m. And I'm g...
Oh Jean! That's a shame! I hope you feel better soon!!

I'm making that stuffed pork tenderloin today. I have a knife that will go at least halfway through and a wooden spoon handle to open up the hole.

I had no idea there were so many choices for brie - mild, medium, and intense! What brand did anyone who made this before use?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? BarbaraS Oh Jean! That's a s...
Jean, what a rotten thing to happen! I'm so sorry you have to go home early.

Last night I made a pot of my mom's spaghetti sauce. Today, I decided to try my hand at making meat-filled ravioli, something that has always been intimidating.

The hunters are coming home tonight so I want to have something hot and tasty ready for dinner. During the cold months, I prefer cooked vegetables, so will roast some eggplant, onion, yellow squash, and red bell pepper instead of salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? Mare749 Jean, what a rotten ...
I'm so sorry you have to cut your trip short, Jean! Get well soon!

Maryann, what a great idea with the roasted veggies instead of salad. I think I may do that tonight with our steak!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? Gourmet_Mom I'm so sorry you hav...
Daphne, I don't know if you have your own method or not, but here is what I do. Cut your fresh veggies into chunks, toss with 1 to 2 T. olive oil and sprinkle with your choice of seasonings. Then all you have to do is roast at 400° for 20 minutes, checking after 15 min. in case they need stirring. I pull them from the oven when fork tender.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? Mare749 Daphne, I don't know...
That is really too bad Jean, I hope you guys feel better soon.

Barbara, I used President brand of Brie, I think it was mild. I'm making it again on Tuesday, but using Boursin instead.

Carylann is making pork ravioli with a mushroom cream sauce for dinner. I'll finally get to use the ravioli attachment for our KA.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? losblanos1 That is really too b...
Blane,

I got that brie log at the store. I'll bet Boursin would be much better than brie. Let us know how *messy* the stuffing goes.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? BarbaraS Blane,[br][br]I got ...
Barbara,
I couldn't find Boursin with the garlic/herbs, but I did find garlic/herb goat cheese. My plan is to roll it into a thinner log, partially freeze and insert. If that doesn't work, I'll pipe it in like Jean suggested. I'll come back and give the results.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? losblanos1 Barbara, [br]I could...
Jean,

Sorry you are not feeling well, but look on the bright side: it's happening early enough that you should be better in time for Christmas.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? labradors Jean, [br][br]Sorry ...
Bummer Jean! That's too bad.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15??