What's on the menu for everyone??

I picked up a pkg. of pre-made raviolis, so will try with marinara and a salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday's Dinner, 2/18/16?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Nothing overly exciting here. Some simply seasoned roasted chicken wings, au gratin potatoes and asparagus, finally! $1.99/lb and it looked fresh.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/18/16?? Trixxee Nothing overly excit...
I'm trying the Lite Lemon Chicken from the new issue tonight. It's going to be hard not to add capers to the dish. We'll have lemon rice pilaf and green beans on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/18/16?? Trixxee Nothing overly excit...
$1.99 =
$5.99 =

I had a request for Cubanos from Dayna (youngest daughter). I'll make the onion rings from the new issue to go with also.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/18/16?? losblanos1 $1.99 = [img]/ubbthr...
I have l/o chicken thighs, so making chicken salad sandwiches on "seedy whole wheat" bread. Also a cup of chicken noodle soup to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/18/16?? Mare749 I have l/o chicken t...
Dear Daphne,
How about "lemon rice pilaf" with capers?
your friend,
j
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/18/16?? cjs Dear Daphne, [br]How...
Jean, you're a genius!!!!!! Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/18/16?? Gourmet_Mom Jean, you're a geniu...
Jeanius!

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/18/16?? losblanos1 Jeanius! [img]/ubbth...
Now, that I like
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/18/16?? cjs Now, that I like [im...
I'm gong to post a review here, but first wanted to make note of the truly mid-western dinner we had! At least a mid-western dinner we would have had in the 80s in Illinois.

Ravioli with pasta sauce, corn pudding and a cauliflower side dish - so white and pale and starchy. My word - but it was so darn good.

[Image: Feb%2018%20Raioli%20corn%20pudding%20cau...fkod9q.jpg]

The hit of the meal tho, was the cauliflower - I roasted it in a little olive oil & s&p. I made a salad dressing which I picked up the recipe for somewhere in Mississippi on our trip, but have no idea the source.
[Image: Feb%2018%20Rstd%20Cauliflower%20w%20Anch...67evqj.jpg]

Boquerones (Anchovy) and Bacon Vinaigrette SOON
collected as Mississippi recipes on the big trip

1–2 boquerones or anchovies, sliced or chopped
3 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled (drippings reserved)
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs bacon drippings (warm)

1. Stir together all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Can be made ahead to let the flavors develop.

I made just half a recipe to try it and also only used one slice of thick sliced bacon. Drizzled over the cauliflower as it came out of the oven. It's delicious!! I have a tad of the dressing left, so I'll try it with a small green salad. You can't taste 'anchovy' - just a hint of salty or briny essence.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner, 2/18/16??