[Image: apr%2021%20003_zps609pcrup.jpg]

This is a crazy recipe, but it had to be tried!! The ‘buns/bread’ are as light as clouds and have the nicest flavor. Now to figure out how to use them because they are very fragile and would not hold up to, say a burger, but using 2 of them for an egg or tuna salad as was mentioned in the reviews which I have added at the end of the recipe.

I may try them tonight as our snack using a fish cake….anxious to play with the savory versions also.

BREAD - Easy Cloud Bread

"Cloud bread is soft and fluffy - like a cloud! It's a great substitute for 'regular' bread and is low in carbs. Although it's not firm enough to replace bread in a regular sandwich, I like to top one 'slice' with peanut butter and bananas, toast it with jam or with my favorite lunch meat and fillings!"

+3 large eggs, separated
+1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
+2 ounces cream cheese, very soft
+1 tablespoon white sugar
+Add all ingredients to list

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together in a bowl until stiff peaks form.

3. Mix egg yolks, cream cheese, and sugar together in a separate bowl using a wooden spoon and then mixing with a hand-held egg beater until mixture is very smooth and has no visible cream cheese. Gently fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture, taking care not to deflate the egg whites.

4. Carefully scoop mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, forming 5 to 6 "buns".

5. Bake in the preheated oven until cloud bread is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.

Tips
Will mold if not kept in refrigerator –

Most use 3 T. cream cheese to 3 eggs

I love to make this, I put it in a cookie pan and spread it to the size of the pan then cut into slice bread size.. Love them with tuna and egg salad

The credit for these should be given to Jamie @ http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/glute...sie-rolls/ I first saw this recipe in 2008. I just think credit should go where it belongs. they are amazing and Jamie has lots of tips for making them amazing.

My savory ones are made with the addition of garlic powder or garlic salt and ground pepper. They are great to use as sandwich bread or when eating dinner and wanting a piece of "bread." Do mix the egg yolk mixture into the whites, not the other way around. It does make a difference.

Maryann, how far out can we get with this bread making?????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Cloud Bread cjs [url=http://s3.photo...
Oh, this is what you were talking about! I did make these one time many years ago when I made a half-*ss attempt to "low-carb". (something that I have never been able to do for more than 2 weeks )

Can't remember if I liked them or not...probably should try them again. Thanks, Jean!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Cloud Bread Mare749 Oh, this is what you...
Craziest darn things!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cloud Bread cjs Craziest darn things...
Now those are interesting. I can see why you tried it. Go figure those ingredients would make anything remotely like bread?!?! CRAZY!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Cloud Bread Gourmet_Mom Now those are intere...
Jean, I just remembered having a low carb pizza recipe at one time that was similar to this. Can look for it if anyone wants it.
Maryann

Re: Cloud Bread Mare749 Jean, I just remembe...
Well I tested these for a fish cake sandwich and while I don't know if I'll make these again, the sandwich was very, very good. Two things tho and I don't know if this played into it or not, but I toasted one side of each bun, and really scorched mine. Because I only had four I went ahead with it. Must say I didn't even notice the scorch all the flavors were so good.

And, my sandwich held up well entirely, but Roy's fell apart and he had to use a fork for his..... lesson??

Pictures aren't worth much, but they do give an idea about the 'buns' I think I'm talking myself into making another batch.

[Image: apr%2023%20002_zpst9lt0tcf.jpg]
[Image: apr%2023%20004_zpsyjzkhgvd.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cloud Bread cjs Well I tested these ...
Well, now I have to try this again...Although I could never cut out bread and pasta completely, I have noticed that I feel better with smaller portions of both. So, this could be a good alternative.
Maryann

Re: Cloud Bread Mare749 Well, now I have to ...
Cloud bread.

Does this mean that there's an app I can install on my phone that will let me download a piece of this bread any time I need it?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Cloud Bread labradors Cloud bread. [br][br...
FINALLY, technical humor that didn't go over my head!!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cloud Bread cjs [img]/ubbthreads/ima...
And he is back!!! Labs, it's been a while...
Maryann

Cloud Bread