Here goes - my turn. First tho, I hope the extra days don't matter to anyone (if so, we can change back to the Monday) - we're going to be out of town for a week, and this week is shot for me, so.....

I'm choosing from #117, pg. 59
Cornflake-Crusted Pork Nuggets with Mojo Glaze
Mashed Sweet Potato with Anaheim Chile

Let me know if anyone needs the recipes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Jean's B'day Review dinner - Review May 19, 2016 cjs Here goes - my turn....
Sounds good, Jean. I have a pork tenderloin waiting to be used, so this will be it.

So far, I have not found Seville orange marmalade, only regular orange marmalade. Do you think it will make a huge difference?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Jean's B'day Review dinner - Review May 19, 2016 Mare749 Sounds good, Jean. I...
Sounds good to me! I'm about to take off to buy my BOGO tenderloins, so this will help with one tenderloin..
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Jean's B'day Review dinner - Review May 19, 2016 Gourmet_Mom Sounds good to me! ...
Issue #117 – Cornflake-Crusted Pork Nuggets with Mojo Glaze andSweet Ptato with chiles. Wow, what a wonderful combination of flavors – heat, sweetness, tenderness of the pork nuggets – it all worked together.
[Image: may%2017%20005_zpsatkea1gy.jpg]
Wines: Covey Run Riesling and Carnivoir CA 2013 Cab. – both very good with this dish.

I’ll certainly do these flavors again!! I’m thinking I’d like the Sweet potato mash that goes with the Ropa Vieja recipe (C@H) better than this one, but only because I think it’s the best I’ve ever had. P.S. a little birdie suggested making double the sauce and I did – certainly glad I did too, now I have it to add to the leftovers. Might make a pork po’boy and add some coleslaw from today to the mix…..
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Jean's B'day Review dinner - Review May 19, 2016 cjs Issue #117 – Cornfla...
This was a nice dinner. We really liked the nuggets. The mojo sauce was not a big hit, but the Sweet Potatoes were pretty good.

[Image: image_43.jpg]

CHANGES:
-Cooking spray instead of butter on the nuggets.
-Canned green chilies instead of fresh in the potatoes. (Only logical substitute.)
-Lemon instead of lime in the Mojo Sauce. (Thought I had a lime?)
-Sweet Orange Marmalade in the sauce. (Closest option available.)
-Green onion tops instead of chives. (Obvious sub.)

RATING:
Nuggets get a 9+
Mojo sauce gets a 7.5
Potatoes get an 8.5

I will probably never make the Mojo Sauce again. It was good alone, but I don't think it was the best combo for us. Plus, the whole time I thought how good the nuggets would be if I had Honey Mustard Sauce instead. Oddly enough, I had the Fried Chicken Salad scheduled for Saturday. Since I doubled the recipe, I'm using the Pork Nuggets instead of the chicken. I think this is a PERFECT repurpose of the nuggets! Since I used canned chilies for the potatoes, I wonder, but we both agree that the sweet and heat didn't work. We'll see.

UPDATE: I forgot to take a picture of the salad, but that got a ten!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Jean's B'day Review dinner - Review May 19, 2016 Gourmet_Mom This was a nice dinn...
We loved this dinner. In fact, Ron asked me to make it again in the near future. The nuggets turned out perfect and crispy and I doubled the sauce because Ron uses so much. We both loved the sauce and I added some heat to it which made it even better.

I didn't have the right chilis but read online that the pepper called for is dried and smoked. I had a bottle of ground chipotle that made a good sub and made the sweet potatoes smokey and hot. Great combination of flavors. We gave this meal a solid 9. Sorry no pic. We were hungry!

Great pick, Jean. Okay....who's next????
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Jean's B'day Review dinner - Review May 19, 2016 Mare749 We loved this dinner...
right, who's next???
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean's B'day Review dinner - Review May 19, 2016