What's on the menu for everyone today??

Using up the last of the steak in a dinner salad. I pickled eggs in the B&B brine last week, so will add them also. Kind of a charcuterie salad, if you will.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Monday's Dinner, 5/16/16?? cjs What's on the menu f...
It's either beef stroganoff or steak w/brandy mushroom sauce and asparagus.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/16/16?? losblanos1 It's either beef str...
That's funny, Blane! William mistakenly pattied up all my hamburger last night, so I decided to make a Cooking Light Beef Stroganoff recipe to use up the meat later this week.

Tonight, I'm using up some leftover London Broil from last week in French Dip Sandwiches and leftover Potato Salad from last night on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/16/16?? Gourmet_Mom That's funny, Blane!...
I'm planning to do Jean's birthday dinner tonight. Can't wait!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/16/16?? Mare749 I'm planning to do J...
Beef and bean burritos topped with enchilada sauce and cheese with a side of sour cream.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/16/16?? Trixxee Beef and bean burrit...
[Image: may616%20001_zpswmnteupy.jpg]

Chef’s salad with strip steak and pickled eggs. Such a summery dinner and us with no sun!!!! These macerated or marinated eggs in the Bread & Butter Pickle brines are just delicious!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/16/16?? cjs [url=http://s3.photo...
Jean, that salad is gorgeous! I love the idea of using the bread & butter brine to pickle the eggs. It made a beautiful yellow color.

I'm sorry I've been AWOL. I'm going to be in the weeds for the next week or so, but will try to check in when things aren't too crazy.

Tonight, we're having Cuban sandwiches with roasted asparagus. Comfort food for me!!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/16/16?? karyn Jean, that salad is ...
What a gorgeous salad, Jean. Your eggs look so perfect. How long do you boil/simmer/steam them?

Karyn, hang in there. The school year is almost over!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/16/16?? Mare749 What a gorgeous sala...
"Karyn, hang in there. The school year is almost over!"

what I was going to say!

Maryann, I bring just to a boil in cold water, turn off the heat, cover and allow to sit for 17 minutes. I'm very careful with them - our Chef Bui would mark us down for the dreaded green ring.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/16/16?? cjs "Karyn, hang in ther...
I agree! I know how you feel, Karyn! But somehow, it always seemed this time of year just flew by! Probably because it was so frenetic!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Monday's Dinner, 5/16/16??