I thought I'd better introduce y'all to a member of my family that plays a major part in my day to day life. His name is Buddy and he's an 85 lb Golden Retriever. This poor neglected friend of mine discovered he likes Pickled Beet Salad...particularly the beets. I was mistreating him like I usually do this evening, sharing my Plum sorbet with him. He has no toys to play with, that is if you can ignore the dozen or so scattered around the living room. If you ever talk to me in person (Like Jean, Lorraine and Sharon have), you'll have to listen to stories about how this poor relative of mine is treated.

Any of y'all have a poor mistreated friend like I do?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

A Family Introduction bjcotton I thought I'd better...
You're TOO funny!!!!

NO---no little (or big) ones to spoil 'cept for the koi in the ponds. They don't get to share anything from our creations--just fishfood from a container. Have been thinking about a new addition though--once we move back to the States, for sure!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
...just Roy Rogers...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: A Family Introduction cjs ...just Roy Rogers.....
We have Correzone, Cory for short. He's a black and white kitty that came here as a tiny kitten on a rainy nite, I kid you not. When he curls up in your lap his white fur makes a heart trimmed by his black fur, so Correzone or Heart. Since we have two grown daughters, he is James' only son. He is very devoted to James and sometimes tries to hide in his duffle bag and go to work with him. As you can see, we believe he is truly the world's most remarkable cat.
Cis

Re: A Family Introduction farnfam We have Correzone, C...
How is my buddy Buddy???

We have two. Silly, (short for Druscilla). Pure black cat that spends a lot of time in the arm chair with her feet up in the air. Quite the sight!!! Then there's Tazzy ( short for Tazmanian Devil) She's the brat cat or problem child that would probably benefit from a summer at boot camp. But, we love them dearly and would be lost without them.
And I have a pet bear called Gil. Just joking.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: A Family Introduction Lorraine How is my buddy Budd...
WELL WELL WELL...I have the most adorable, cutest snuggliest puppy we have ever had. SHe is a Boston Terrier with very unusual coloring instead of black and white she is bronze brown and white. She looks like a stuffed animal. Her job in life is to be a lap dog and let me tell you she takes her job extremely seriously and as such I am not sure if the dog can walk. Poor thing is totally mistreated by me and my boyfriend. She gets cold easily and poor puppy has only 5 coats. Her favorite food is bologna and her favorite way to eat is to actually drag it out of my boyfriends mouth (totally disgusting but such as life). Anyways her name is Nutmeg. Can you tell that she is the most abused and unloved puppy ever?

A Family Intro-my Favorite subject to talk about piano226 WELL WELL WELL...I h...
I do make this poor abused puppy dinner almost everyday since she is not a big fan of dog food. So i make her chicken, broth and rice that I mix in with her dry dog food and she very successfuly manages to eat all the chicken and rice and spit all the dog food. Not a CAH recipe but she enjoys it.
  Re: A Family Introduction cjs ...just Roy Rogers.....
Jean knows, we have 4 rotten little Pugs who think they own us, and big fuzzy cat that thinks he's a Pug. They all sleep down the middle of the bed and Bob and I get whatever room they don't need. We love them to death! It's going to be fun moving onto our little houseboat for a month or so with the 5 creatures! Sheeesh! If we think they're underfoot now?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: A Family Introduction Harborwitch Jean knows, we have ...
I am so glad y'all have and love pets (I really think we are the pets and they take care of us). Roxanne, I don't really think our lives are as full as they can be without one, no matter what they may be. Do you have a planned time frame for returning to the US? We could all have a good time helping you decide what to get
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I've got two young German Shepherd/Doberman(?) mixes, Jack and Sally, and 3 cats who hate each other (Bear, Mew-Mew, and Spryte). I love them all dearly! We also have a gecko (Geico---how original!) and a snake (Fluffy); they are fun to watch but not very sociable!

Billy, I had a Golden Retriever/Shepherd mix before these little guys, and she was the BEST dog (don't tell Jack and Sally I said that!). When we were ready for a new dog (somehow we ended up with 2!), I wanted a Golden Retriever mix but my husband wanted something more Shepherdy (is that a word?? ). Next time I am so getting a Golden! Oh, and feel free to post Buddy stories whenever you like.
Tammy
A Family Introduction