It took me a while to figure out to clear my cookies to be able to log back in on this site.  Got the dreaded "403 Forbidden" error page until Jean helped me out after I cleared out my cookies.  I'm using Firefox browser.  I use Chrome at work.

I hate that you don't know which posts you haven't read.  I have to check the last post column.  Can that be worked on?

I also dislike that when you now click on a post, the software doesn't have a memory of which post you last looked at and you can't pick up at the first unread post in a thread.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum BarbaraS It took me a while t...
Barbara, I so agree on most of what you said...specifically the previous posts/threads comments.  I wonder if our concerns wouldn't be addressed quicker if we put them in the thread for suggestion in a thread I think I saw in that forum about the new format.  Maybe Jean can help us move it?

I have an issue with pictures, but I haven't tried using Photobucket.  But I hate using it now due to all the pop up ads.  And there is an option to use our photo library, but I don't know how to save my pictures in a smaller size on my computer.

Maybe Labs can help with some of this when he can get back on?

I also have questions about getting to my settings to get my signature back and my avatar.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum Gourmet_Mom Barbara, I so agree ...
Daphne, maybe you can't see them, but I can see both your signature and your avatar.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryann, that's weird!  I can't see anybody's avatars or signatures.  But then I'm on my iPad and have to tell my version go to the full version.  I'll have to check the laptop tomorrow.
Daphne

RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum Gourmet_Mom Maryann, that's weir...
I also don't see anyone's avatar or sig.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
I have the same concerns as you both, Barbara & Daphne. I'll get our techie to check out this thread. Sigh, I think we're in for some headaches for a while.

What I miss is being to change the color of the forum - I was so used to blue rather than this baby-sh*t brown. Sad
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
And I can't even see where to go to change things.  But again, I'm on my iPad.  For some reason the laptop won't connect to the wifi.  Probably because service is spotty.
Daphne

RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum Gourmet_Mom And I can't even see...
And I guess we lost all those threads or posts we added to our "Favorites" for those recipes...

I added an avatar, but I can't see it, does anyone else?

Barbara
I do - a black and white kitty cat. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum cjs I do - a black and w...
Well this is frustrating!  Where do I turn on the avatars and sigs?

Barbara

Found it.

Barbara
A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum