Dinner - Monday, 10/17/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

And, while we're on the subject - after a few weeks, what is the consensus of the week's dinner ideas all being in the same thread? Keep it this way or go back to one thread per day??

We had leftover pizza yesterday, so we'll clean that bad boy up today. [Image: smile.png]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner Thread 10/17/16 - 10/24/16 cjs [size=medium][b][u]D...
I like it this way, Jean. It makes it easier to find something someone made earlier in the week that I might want to copy or respond to.

Ron did a bang-up job on the chicken yesterday. We have a little bit left so I'm thinking chicken club sandwiches for dinner with a salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
This is true - it was easy to find where you were talking about doing the Black Pepper dish.... Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Doing a Noble Pig recipe I first made a couple of years ago.  Fast and easy.  Tony bought some "prime" top sirloins from Costco yesterday, will be perfect for this.

http://noblepig.com/2011/05/vietnamese-s...-and-lime/

I like the new weekly format as well.

RE: Dinner Thread 10/17/16 - 10/24/16 Trixxee Doing a Noble Pig re...
Trixxee!  I haven't made this in a long time!  And I do have a strip steak in the freezer!  Thanks for the reminder!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Well, since we three seem to be the majority around here lately - that's a wrap on the question.

We shall keep all as is. And just think we managed to do this one with no one leaving the forum....bless our hearts Smile Smile Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh, so do I, Barbara - copied!!

Wandering aisles in Safeway and coming up to the salad dressings (and me being so tired of making dressing every day!!), checked them out. What a find - Marie's Mango Chardonnay Vinaigrette. Used it on a fruit plate today, sprinkled with a little cheese. So tasty and summery on a rainy day. (Have ya'all been keeping this one a secret??)

[attachment=22]
www.achefsjourney.com
Issue #120 is out for those with the online library. It's got some really great recipes.

Cream of Mussel Soup (Billi Bi)
Vanilla Bean Caramels with fleur de sel
Double-Chocolate Truffles
Mongolian Pork Stir-Fry
Baked Ziti with Italian sausage
Italian Sandwich Cookies
Spanish Meatballs with tomato-saffron sauce
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with adobo aioli
Pumpkin & Spice Lattes with whipped cream <----Trixxee Big Grin
Pumpkin Pancakes
Curried Pumpkin Soup with lime & cashews
Cinnamon-Cocoa Babka
Italian Beef Wellingtons with sage & marsala duxelles
Scalloped Potatoes with fontina & sage

Tonight it's a freezer dive, Norwegian meatballs with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Heart

Thanks Blane - will go check it out.

I have been craving pumpkin pancakes for the few weeks, maybe it's time!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks Trixxee!  I'm saving that one also!  Probably will make it this weekend!

Jean, I like it this way as well!

Thanks, Blane!  Off to check it out!

I'm having leftover beans with the hot dogs IN the beans tonight.  (I was tempted to do it this way yesterday, actually, but I let William have his hotdogs.  Tonight is my turn!

Now that I've look, I'm excited!  Love the Asian section, for sure!

P. 11 Halibut
P. 13 maybe, with clams
P. 15 Carmels, maybe
P. 19 with chicken instead of tofu 
P. 21 Mongolian Pork for sure!
P. 29 Ziti
P. 35 shrimp for sure
P. 43 wellingtons ?
P. 45 scalloped potatoes
P. 46 Orzo and spinach casserole
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.