Thumbs Up    
Don't these sound (and look) good!!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/butternut-squash-rolls?pmcode=SelectQuote&_cmp=Top10&_ebid=Top1010/19/2016&_mid=119682&ehid=3342d211ba4317fca3171a6bae599af52af9b035

Butternut Squash Rolls

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Speaking of Butternut Squash..... cjs Don't these sound (a...
Those are beautiful.
Oh my!  I have been craving butternut squash recently!  These sound so good!  But my first dish will have to be my favorite!  I only get it once a year and it's about time for it.  Maybe if I only have that and a salad, I won't feel as guilty!  Although, I don't think William has figured out how much butter and cream is in it!   Big Grin  We'll keep that our little secret!   Angel
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I'm thinking the same thing with mine, Daphne - I'm going to try and just make it for 2 'healthier' servings..... Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

RE: Speaking of Butternut Squash..... cjs I'm thinking the sam...
They do sound wonderful, Jean. Reminds me of Lorraine's sweet potato rolls that she made years ago. I made them and they were delicious!

Daphne, what is your favorite dish with butternut squash? I must have missed something...

The recipe I used for soup did not use milk or cream. It called for chicken broth and cream cheese, so I used the 1/3 less fat variety and only used half. It was delicious!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Is that and the squash all that's in it?  And the dish I'm talking about is Jean's Roasted Butternut Squash al Burro.  I feel guilty just saying it!

I'm going to make a small portion, but not healthy the first time. Tongue

We need a devil emoticon.  LOL!
Daphne

RE: Speaking of Butternut Squash..... Gourmet_Mom Is that and the squa...
Well, how did I miss that one??? Huh
Maryann

That be the one - I'm trying for just two portions..... good luck to us both, and we do deserve this dish once in a while, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh Maryann!  It is SOOO good and SOOO bad!   Tongue

Here you go, I don't think Jean will mind.  I think the notes at the top are Jean's?  But I'm not sure!  Now don't faint at the list of ingredients!  And you have GOT to try it if only just once!

Roasted Butternut Squash Penne Al Burro

Servings:6

Optional adds: toasted pine nuts 1-12-08 This was wonderful! I will use this often. Serve with lots of fresh cracked pepper. It is very rich and does not need to be used with a heavy entree. I will probably have it with just a salad next time, although it did compliment the roasted chicken stuffed with sage, rosemary, and thyme very well.

Ingredients

1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature

1/3 cup heavy cream

3 ounces parmesan cheese freshly grated

1 pound Butternut squash peeled

1 tablespoon Olive oil

2 cloves garlic minced

1 1/2 tablespoons fresh sage freshly minced

salt & pepper

1 pound penne pasta

18 fresh sage whole leaves

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400°.

al Burro sauce: 

With a mixer, beat the butter until light & fluffy; add the heavy cream gradually, beating constantly until all cream is added. Add the Parmesan and mix just until blended; cover and reserve.

Butternut Squash:

Put the 1/2" cubes on a baking sheet and toss together with the 1 T. olive oil, minced sage, garlic, and salt & pepper.

Roast in a 400° oven for 15 - 20 min. until tender, turning the pieces once during roasting. Remove from oven and set aside.

Sage Leaves garnish:

Heat a small fry pan with ~1" veggie oil until a couple of drops of water sizzle. 

Drop in individual leaves top side down, three or four at a time in the hot oil. After 30-45 seconds, turn over and let just brown; remove quickly with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.

Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet, if using.

Cook Penne according to pkg. directions, drain.

Finish dish:

Add the penne to the al burro sauce mix together well; add the roasted butternut squash, toss gently to completely mix and season with salt to taste and lots of freshly grated pepper.

Top each plate with additional grated Parmesan cheese and three fried sage leaves and/or pine nuts. And, a little more freshly ground pepper, if desired. 

Makes 6 servings.
Daphne

RE: Speaking of Butternut Squash..... Gourmet_Mom Oh Maryann!  It is S...
Wow, how did I not copy this recipe??? Thanks, Daphne! I'll make this for the next family dinner so that we will only get small servings. Wink
Maryann

Speaking of Butternut Squash.....