Rainbow    
Monday's Dinner - 12/12/16??

What's on the menu for today?? 

One last batch of Christmas goodies to make and I'm done! So, an easy one - Fettuccine with Spicy Sausage & Cabbage Ribbons - an old Batali recipe. 
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD - 12/12/16 - 12/18/16 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
Trying a new recipe tonight.  Am using a flat iron steak and grilling.  Small red baked potato and that salad I never made last night.  Wink

http://wildflourskitchen.com/2016/08/29/...ar-steaks/
That steak looks really good Trixxee, please let us know if it's a winner.

Tonight I'm making tarragon cream chicken with a side of asparagus
All 3 of our meals sound great.

Blane - loved the steak, loved it.  I don't know if I got lucky with the tenderness of the beef but it could not have been any better.  I think you and CA would like it.  After letting it rest, when Tony sliced it thinly and diagonally, I poured the juices that were left on the cutting board over it.   Smile Picture on FB.
Thank you Trixxee, I have it down for Friday. Your FB pic sealed the deal. Big Grin
Late morning and busy day means late morning biscuit and no lunch.  There was no way I could get away to get an early dinner done, so we went to a local diner that serves breakfast all day and has the most amazing sandwiches, fries and onion rings.  I had already decided I wanted their biscuits and house made sausage gravy.  But when William asked about the fully loaded biscuit, I just had to try it.  

We should have shared an order, but now we have a big breakfast to share.  Since the picture came out so "beige", I decided to just describe it....don't judge.  Picture a large split buttermilk biscuit on a platter with two sausage patties, fresh shredded potatoes browned to order, shredded cheese, sausage gravy, and scrambled eggs!  Oh my!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Good Lord, Daphne!! Sounds delicious. Off to check out FB and Trixxee's steak now. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner - 12/13/16??

What's on the menu for today?? 

Since it's Tuesday and I can leave the house now.... still don't know if we can meet up with the Motley Crew because of the snowy/icy roads. Angry  So, up in the air.

Whoopie - it's a heat wave, up to 34° so we're going out. First time in over 3 weeks. Smile Smile  
www.achefsjourney.com
Three weeks?  I'd go stark raving mad Jean!

We are using our BOGOF punch card again for a local mexican restaurant.  I'm really not that hungy so I'm just getting their house salad with romaine, tomato, pepitas and creamy cilantro dressing but will order it topped with blackened chicken or shrimp.  I have about 1/2 hour to decide before Tony picks it up to go.
Have fun, Jean! 

I FINALLY fixed my first meal in the camper!!!!  Cooking without all the fancy gadgets and roomy countertops at home was a challenge, but I managed pretty well!  Best darned pot roast with mashed potatoes and peas I've had in a long time!  Having access to all the variety of nice restaurants is great, but it's great to finally have a home cooked meal!

Now that I've seen that I can pull off a regular meal without too much stress, it will be easier to make the effort again.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
DINNER THREAD - 12/12/16 - 12/18/16