Monday's Dinner, 1/16/17??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have just enough meat left from the ribs to make a pork fried rice for dinner. 

I swear smooshing up baked beans for a pizza sauce is really the best new idea I've had in a long time. They add such a great  flavor (and consistency) to the pizza. With the flavors of the marinated ribs and the beans, the pizza can be so simple. All I added was mozz and scattered a few candied jalapenos.
[Image: Jan%2015%20Rib%20Pizza%20baked_zpsce6ujcwh.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner Thread - 1/16/17 - 1/22/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
That looks great Jean!  Your grocery bill must be quite low because you are very good with using leftovers in creative ways.

We are having chicken piccata over cous cous with fresh steamed carrots, broccoli & yellow squash.
It really is, Trixxee. I'm saving to get the trailer back in shape to take off as soon as the weather is good!! Just some short trips, but I have to get outta here!!!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Your pizza looks delicious, as usual, Jean! What a great idea for the l/os. We are having French dip sandwiches using a pot roast that I cooked in the Instant Pot. Amazing how the roast can be fall apart tender in 35 minutes. Cool
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
thanks Maryann and the pork fried rice was so good, also. Takes care of those ribs.  Cool

[Image: jan%2014%20001_zps0iertvtf.jpg]

One of the few times I want to fight Roy for the leftovers.
www.achefsjourney.com
Both dishes look great, Jean!  I'm hoping to try Alina's IP recipe for black beans soon and see if I can get William to get over his dislike of them, because I love them!

Tonight is Bacon Blue Cheese Burgers with a salad and my buttery sour cream potatoes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Tuesday's Dinner - 1/17/17??

What's on the menu for today??  I made corn chowder yesterday and had bowl last night topped with fried clams. For some reason I love this combination.
[Image: jan%2015%20002_zpsw0fakzb4.jpg]
So will have more of this for lunch then if we have no snow AGAIN, we'll be meeting the Motley Crew for our bar hop. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
We are having l/o ribs and I'm going to do something with a butternut squash, maybe soup. It's warm enough today to put on the grill, so it might not make it to the soup pot. Big Grin Also making an Asian coleslaw to go with the ribs.

I can certainly see why you like that combination, Jean! Yummy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Yum!

I am going to make this beet salad.  That's as far as I've gotten.  Heading to the grocery store for something - maybe thin cut pork chops on the bone.  Going to give chops another try.  If they don't have any I guess I'll pick up a pork tenderloin.  

http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/cho...eet-salad/#
Uhhhh, beets and feta - you had me right there!!!! Smile Love the combination.
www.achefsjourney.com
Dinner Thread - 1/16/17 - 1/22/17