Thumbs Up    
Monday's Dinner, 1/23/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

One more use of the Jamaican chicken/swt. potato patties and we're done with that little experiment.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD 1/23/17 - 1/29/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
Leftover navy bean soup and breadsticks.

Keeping with a low carb lunch thought - wild sockeye salmon and steamed squash, with a side of tangelo.  LOL.
I made the veggie casserole that I mentioned in the other thread. Steaks to go on the grill.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
well, best laid plans of.....whomever

Had a consultation with the surgeon for the catarachs this a.m., so just wanted to drink my lunch. Had an order of sweet potato fries and 14 Hand Hot to Trot!!! Came home and watched
Shepard Smith (Fox news) and drank the rest of the bottle................................ Smile

eyes still dilated..........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Jean, you make me laugh! But, I don't blame you either. What a PIA it is getting older!

Side note: I have always hated those eye drops to dilate the eyes. They always tell me that they will wear off in an hour or two and I'm usually stuck with it for HOURS.
Maryann

what a pain in the neck it is.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner, 1/24/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

I enjoyed the Jamaican patties so much the other day, I'm really looking forward to making burgers out of the last 2. Plus fruit.  
www.achefsjourney.com
We are invited to a birthday dinner tonight. My friend, Carol, is married to a man who is Chinese and they always celebrate his birthday to coincide with the Lunar New Year. Their daughter is in town just for the day, so that is the reason for having his party tonight. This weekend we will be celebrating Chinese New Year with them in our own Chinatown. It's always a fun time. I will be making Gina's pineapple tarts to give him.

Trixxee, where are you? Time to check in.....Is everything okay out there?
Maryann

Hope she's not stuck holding towels to the windows................... stay dry Trixxee!
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm here, I'm here!  We survived, but I did go through quite few towels with that bedroom window.  And today when I took Michael to school I noticed that some of the cement has worn away from the entrance to the garage.  What the heck?

I know I'm doing something with chicken breasts.  Possibly this - made it before, was simple and good.  Will roast some of the massive container of peeled and cut sweet potatoes Tony bought from Costco along with zucchini.  Really trying to keep this lower carb thing going.

http://noblepig.com/2016/09/chipotle-chicken-bites/
DINNER THREAD 1/23/17 - 1/29/17