Question    
Monday's Dinner, 2/20/17??

What's on the menu today?? 

We're having a Salami pizza  - no frills, just good pizza. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD, 2/20/17 - 2/26/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
We are putting pork steaks on the grill and roasting sweet potatoes. We're suppose to have warmer temps all week, so probably doing a lot of grilling.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I think I posted on last week's thread?

I had suggested something easy like hamburgers, but since William slept so long after we got home, we are having Dominoes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Daphne, I think the chicken was good, I really can't recall.  I'm embarrassed to say I drank way too much wine yesterday.  My family has had a bit of a blow.  My youngest brother  Michael (48) literally woke up blind in his left eye on Thursday.  Short story, it could be MS.  Will find out more this week.  Family is a mess right now.
Oh Trixxee, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother....darn, that really sucks. How old is he? But, sounds like he has a loving support system embracing him! I'll raise my glass of wine to you and your family, later (well, it's 4:10....so, not much later. Smile )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh no, that's terrible news, Trixxee. I'm so sorry your brother is facing something so serious. Sad We're here for you when you need us. Please keep us posted when you know more.
Maryann

Tuesday's Dinner, 2/21/17??

What's on the menu for today??

Motley Crew is convening at another Mexican restaurant (not too many have a full bar and many of the group have to have their martinis!) 

Our Salami pizza was so good, we ate the whole thing - we usually eat half at a time. So, no later snack for us. Rolleyes
www.achefsjourney.com
Using up l/os, so tapas night for us. Have a few pieces of chicken, a few slices of beef and gravy, some outstanding Italian bread, so we'll make some little sandwiches with assorted condiments and a mixed green salad on the side.
Maryann

Thank you so much for the concern.  Jean, he's 48.

I'm going to make some type of italian sausage/peppers/potato dish.  Anyone have a good recipe?
Probably too late Trixxee - BUT, Roberto's sausage dinner is one that everyone who has made it (Maryann, Daphne, I think, etc.) have loved it!! This is from a community project cookbook - Share a Recipe. If you've never made this, I'm so sure you all would love it.

ROAST SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPER & POTATOES
(Roberto), Kernersville, NC USA

Amounts are irrelevant - this is ultra simple and delicious

Bell Peppers - green, red, yellow - whatever you prefer to use - cored, seeded and cut into nice chunks.
Potatoes scrubbed & cubed into large chunks.
Large onions, of any variety, peeled and chunked.
Salt & Pepper, Olive oil
Sausage - Italian is the primary choice but this is wonderful with Kielbasa, Bratwurst, Chorizo, Andouille, whatever you can get a lot of for a little.

Combine all cut vegetables in a large foil roasting pan and drizzle with a goodly amount of olive oil, season with salt & pepper.

I add some crushed red pepper, a little Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano and mix well.
Cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for about an hour.

While the veggies cook, parboil your sausage in a little water in a covered pan for 15 to 20 minutes.

When veggies are starting to get nice and soft, cut the sausage into nice size pieces and add to the roasting pan.

Cover and bake 3/4 to 1 hour, then uncover & roast under the broiler; stirring occasionally, till the sausage is browning nicely and the veggies start to show signs of browning.

Serve with grated cheese, bread and a salad, or a raw vegetable antipasto, or soup, or anything.
www.achefsjourney.com
DINNER THREAD, 2/20/17 - 2/26/17