Question    
Monday's Dinner, 2/27/17??

What's for dinner today? 

Yesterday was scattered, so we'll start the week from the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
I'm looking up the recipe for mini meatloaves in the cooking for 2 book. We really liked that one. Mashed potatoes and something green on the side.

Not sure if I mentioned this or not, but we're going to Chicago on Friday. My daughter, Heather is a nurse. The hospital where she works offered to pay for her master's degree, so she has been in school for the past two years as well as working full time. The school has a branch here, but the main campus is in Chicago. So, we are going to her graduation and to have a little celebration with her. Really hoping the weather won't be too bad since we will be driving.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
How did the basketball game go?????

Wow, what dedication and hard work Heather put in!!! And raising her family, too. All kinds of congratulations to her and your family!! What perseverance!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks, Jean. We are proud of both girls. Not sure why or how we got so lucky, but they both turned out great. Smile

Unfortunately, Katie's team did not win last night, so the team is done for the season. Not sure if she is going to play softball this year or not, but Tommy will be so we will have his games to look forward to.
Maryann

I loved the kids baseball games....probably because I loved playing 2nd base!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Grilled boneless skinless teriyaki chicken thighs and asparagus.
Awwww!  But at least baseball season is right around the corner.  Your girls are amazing, Maryann!  

We were going to have just leftovers, but then I got a craving for a ham sandwich with lots of mustard.  So good!

Trixxee, you're killing me with all that asparagus!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I might buy some more today Daphne.  Wink

I pulled some meatballs, sausage and sauce from the freezer.  Michael and Tony will have pasta with theirs, not me.
2/28/17 DINNER

As our ole friend Billy would say "What'cha Fixin Tonight"   LOL

Well Mom's not a Happy Camper today she has no internet, terrible weather there having up there. Hopefully later today she'll be able to get on...........

Of course it has to be a night when I'm having what I'm crazy about but probably not to many others.  Tonight's ala Cuisine will be Pan Seared Spam with A Perfectly Fried Egg on Hippy Bread on the side I will be enjoying Zee Lays BBQ Chips.

Have A Good Day All !!
Tracie, it's so nice to "see" you!  Your dinner sounds yummy to me. I love seared spam and egg sammies.

Too bad about the weather by your mom. Is she still going to be able to go to her eye appointment today?  I sure hope so!

Trixxee, I envy  your discipline!  I must get on the bandwagon!  How is your brother doing?  

No Mardi Gras tonight. Both girls and their families have something going on. So, it's just us and I am making the easy version of Cuisine's jambalaya. We'll have beer instead of hurricanes, but will wear our beads. Big Grin

ETA: Got a message from Tracie that Jean is home and was able to get her eye surgery done, but probably won't be on the forum tonight. She is resting and probably shouldn't read anything until tomorrow anyway, but Tracie said that she is doing fine, so that's good news. Smile
Maryann

DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17