Monday's Dinner, 3/13/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

We're going 'uptown' today - my last pkg. of lobster and corn oysters. Plus, just for fun opening a bottle of bubbly. Heart Big Grin  
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD, 3/13/17 - 3/19/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
Corned beef, etc. leftovers.

But for lunch I'm making this roasted chick pea & avocado salad.  Two friends have made it so far and loved it.  I will replace the lemon juice with red wine vinegar though.

https://www.facebook.com/officialgoodful...nref=story
That salad sounds delicious. Thanks for posting the link. That is right up my alley. Smile

Tonight, we are having beef vegetable soup. I finally had enough beef bones in the freezer to fill the Instant Pot and making broth now. Later, I will add fresh and frozen vegetables and either a can of beans or a handful of noodles. Ron will probably want the noodles. He also bought a steak from his favorite butcher today while working, so I'm sure he will want to put that on the grill. Should be interesting. We're suppose to get a ton of snow later today, so I'm glad to have the soup as backup. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What  nice dinner we had today - Sous Vide lobster, Corn 'Oysters' topped with sour cream and caviar and Curry Rice. AND, a bottle of bubbly. And, yes we did over eat!!

[Image: Mar%2013%20lobster%20corn%20oysters%20ca...axhslr.jpg]

these are so good!!!
[Image: Mar%2013%20Corn%20Oysters_zpszwydbhfd.jpg]

And, while we were eating we noticed our Frog who watches over us looking for the darn mountains.....
[Image: mar%2013%20Frog%20looking%20for%20mounta...agcsum.jpg]

Great day of food!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I love your frog, Jean!  You have such interesting "pets"!  And your meal looks delicious!

Good luck with this winter storm, Maryann!!! I'll take ours in liquid form! Goes away faster!!!

We have lots of cold rain, today.  I did laundry and grocery shopping today.  I actually made a plan for the week.  Nothing exciting, just comfort food one more time for the cold weather to come.  Anyway, after all that and working late, we decided to have leftovers.  The fridge is bursting with food, so before I make more, I want to do something with what is cooked in there now.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I really don't know why people give me animal things for presents - been that way so long. For a lot of years when we were raising pigs, everything seemed to be pig related!! Now, it's every species - looks like a zoo around here. Smile

I'm so hoping we can start with summer (or at least spring-like) eating. I have two more roasts in the freezer for winter dishes, but after that it can all be grilled, too!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner, 3/14/17??

What's for dinner today??

The weekly Motley Crew is postponing out get-together until Friday, St. Patty's Day for our 'potluck' gathering. So, I'm making Salmon patties - I have a few corn oysters left, also, so just an easy dinner here.
www.achefsjourney.com
Trying a new dish tonight - a ham, broccoli and sweet potato frittata.

http://www.paleonewbie.com/ham-broccoli-...ta-recipe/
You sure are finding some good sounding dishes, Trixxee!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
We have some perfectly grilled steak leftover from last night. The only way to enjoy it will be to slice it thin and let it come up to room temp. So, making a nice salad and will top it with the steak. Garlic toast to go with.

Trixxee, you really are posting some great sounding recipes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
DINNER THREAD, 3/13/17 - 3/19/17