Monday's Dinner, 5/15/17??

What's on the menu for today??

Doesn't happen too often, but last night I dreamed about a Balsamic sauced linguine, so I guess that means this dish should be made. And, this is our dinner today. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
I'm going to pick up El Pollo Loco on the way home from school pick up.  Michael requested it.
Balsamic Pasta with Toasted Garlic & Pine Nuts – the title tells you everything that is in the dish (except shallot/Parmesan) and what a versatile combination it is. An all-in-one entrée or add seafood/meat. We have l/os, so I think I’ll oven roast some shrimp to put with it tomorrow. Source: Bake Your Day blog page
It isn’t a pretty dish, but sure is tasty and fast!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Another night when We didn't get home until 8, so I picked up the Michael Angelo Lasagna again.  It is really good.  And looking at the ingredient list, I feel really good about eating it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Tuesday's Dinner, 5/16/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

We'll have a light lunch of the l/o Garlic pasta and then meet up with the Motley Crew for the first time in over a month, I think. It'll be nice to get out with all the crappy weather we've been having. Cool
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm going to make the apricot chicken!  I think I have some assorted vegetables so will make some steamed veggies.
Hope you like it!
www.achefsjourney.com
Hope you like it, Trixxee.

Busy couple of days here, so tonight we just had some l/o low carb stuffed cabbage that I made a few weeks ago and froze some for another time. Sure worked out well today.

Not sure if I shared this or not, but we are having major work done on our house. We live in an older brick home (1950's) and although it has held up well, certain features on the exterior needed attention. So, yesterday and today, we had our back porch rebuilt, and next week (I hope) they will be rebuilding our front porch, tuck-pointing an inside corner of the house that runs along the fireplace and chimney wall. We also have to have part of the driveway lifted and re-poured with concrete, and the front chimney relined. Once all of this is done, we can then put all of our landscaping back in that was torn up when the sewers were put in a few months ago. So, it's a bit messy and inconvenient right now, but will all look nice when it's done. I'm also getting estimates on my dad's house for a new roof on his house and garage, so am a little busier than usual for a few weeks.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Well now, this is a plate full, Maryann! But, won't it be nice once done! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 5/17/17??

What's on the menu for everyone today?  

Again, we brought all kinds of l/os home from our Motley Crew meet up. So, have lots of 'repurposing' to do in the next few days.

One item I brought home is Coconut Chicken Strips (which I ordered thinking they'd be like a plateful of Clam strips, but ended up humungous pieces of chicken). Issue #48 (Dec. 2004) has a great corn pudding matched with Tabasco Fried Oysters that I may put with the chicken instead.
www.achefsjourney.com
DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17