Thumbs Up    
Monday's Dinner, 5/29/17???

What's on the menu for today? 

I think we'll have a week of 'out of the freezer,' so probably nothing noteworthy... Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
Today is Katie's graduation party. Since the sun is shining, Holly and Bob will be able to grill as planned. They were thinking of cooking some chicken, as well as hamburgs and hotdogs.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We just got back from Bonefish Grill.  May never need to eat again.
Oh Trixxee, I am so jealous!  We LOVE that place!!!

Hope you are having fun, Maryann!!

Jean, it couldn't be any more boring than what we have been having lately!

Tonight, I put a whole split chicken in a pan over some little red potatoes and onions on the grill.  After half cooking time, I added fresh green beans, broccoli/cauliflower and baby Bella mushrooms.  We worked this afternoon and my plans for an early afternoon disappeared, so dinner isn't quite ready.  But it sure is smelling good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Bonefish Grill, yum!

Thanks Daphne, we had a great time.

After dinner, cake, and gifts for Katie, I brought in a box for Abby that Jean sent. Honestly, I don't know when I have ever seen her so excited, and Holly was flabbergasted! It turns out Abby's other grandmom has done some cake decorating, so she was very excited to go through all the individual pieces AND all the class material with us. It will give her something fun to do with Abby when she comes to visit.

Jean, Abby and I thank you so much for your generous gift.

[Image: IMG_0872_zpsr298smbr.jpg]
Maryann

You all are so welcome and I'm so glad my 'treasures' have a home that will have fun with them. Hope we see some great decorations in their future. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner, 5/30/17??

What's for dinner today??

I have leftover Mexican stew which is really thick, so I think I'll morph it into a taco salad with all the goodies and tortilla bowls.  Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
We are going over to Holly's for party l/os, then to Katie's actual graduation ceremony. She had to have the party over the weekend when everyone could make it. We won't be eating much more than a snack before the ceremony because the school puts on a reception after the ceremony. Tomorrow, I have to get back on low carb again!
Maryann

Has the weather cooperated at all with all the celebrations?? But, what the heck - great weekend for you all, anyway. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
We have had so much rain in the last few weeks it has given us some idea of what it must be like to live in the Pacific Northwest. Big Grin Everything sure is green though! Yesterday was beautiful for the party and so far today has been great, too.

Of course I can't go a day without cooking something! So, I made a pot of cream of cauliflower soup to get me back on track tomorrow. I find that if I have something hot or at least warm for lunch, it seems to be more satisfying than something cold. Weird, huh?
Maryann

DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17