Star    
Monday's Dinner, 6/5/17??

What's for dinner today??  

Finally my avocados are ripe enough to make the  Alfredo and also going to grill a Cornish game hen.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD, 6/5/17 - 6/11/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
We have l/o beer can chicken from yesterday, so making chicken salad wraps on low carb burritos, with raw veggies and dip on the side. Ron will probably want some fries on the side. I made pineapple bars this morning to mostly give away so that I'm not picking at them. Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
pineapple bars???????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, my mom used to make these when I was a kid. She thought they were at least a little bit healthy because they had oatmeal in them. My dad and my in-laws just love them, so it's something I make often.

Lately, I'm having a hard time finding that small jar of pineapple preserves by Smuckers, so I have to buy a larger jar and just use half.

Pineapple Bars

1¾ cups flour
¾ cup butter or margarine
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1½ cups oatmeal
½ cup nuts (we like walnuts), chopped
1 small jar pineapple preserves

1. Mix together butter and sugars. (I use a pastry knife/cutter thingy) Sift together and stir in flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir in oatmeal and nuts. Place 2/3 of mixture in greased and floured 9X13 pan. Press and flatten with hands over bottom. Spread with pineapple preserves. Sprinkle balance of crumbs on top and press. Bake in 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.

Servings: 24
Maryann

piddle! forgot to look in MasterCook - don't go there too often anymore (for my olderly recipes Smile )

"Pineapple Bars (childhood recipe) from Maryann, 4/26/08" - it was there, but thanks for posting too. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Has anyone else been having trouble getting into the forum today?  Or is it just me?  Wink

We are having meatballs and asparagus.  LOL.  And teriyaki salmon and roasted cauliflower for lunch.
I haven't - knock on wood
www.achefsjourney.com
Tilley had her check up this afternoon.  Thankfully, too soon for second shots.  But she was a really good girl considering there were lots of big dogs (One was a 13 month old Newfoundland who was really well mannered!) with some barking loudly!  And Doctor Jim was really impressed with her...he's a big Lab fan!  She sat or laid down quietly on the table through most of the visit...proud Mommy!  We go back in two weeks for our second set of shots.  I'll try to remember to get a pic of her with Dr. Jim next time.

I just picked up one of those frozen lasagna dinners tonight.  William wanted something quick and easy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I have had trouble a few times, mostly on Sunday. But, our weather has been stormy, and a few times our internet was out also, so not sure which one was at fault.
Maryann

I was at work most of the day . . . so no problems here.

We had Costco's wild caught Alaskan Pollack burgers and steak fries.  I heated up some sous vide corn on the cob . . . but neither one of us wanted it.  This was the first time for these burgers . . . they are a win!  We cooked them in the pizza oven to keep the heat down in here.  We both thought of lots of different ways to serve them - we garnished with Just Mayo on one side of the bun with romaine (mine was gluten free) and Hampton Creek's "Awesome Sauce" on the other side of the bun.  (Awesome sauce is truly awesome - a really pickley tartar sauce kinda sauce.  It also makes a really good "thousand Island" kind of sauce with some catsup.)

Bottom line is that we'll buy these "burgers" again - it's a nice light option, and fish! Smile
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
DINNER THREAD, 6/5/17 - 6/11/17