Big Grin    
It's almost here - so, how are we honoring these mad men in our lives?????????? 

I keep reminding Roy I need an idea of what he wants for dinner, but, so far............. nothing. Undecided

How about you all?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Father's Day Plans??? cjs [size=small]It's alm...
We have to split up the Father's Day celebration into three parts because of our circumstances. So, we are thinking of having my dad over on Friday night for dinner and put steaks on the grill, stuffed baked potatoes, and a fresh veg. Fortunately, my dad can spend Sunday with my sister. Then, on Sunday, we will do the same thing, (maybe different sides) and take it to my in-laws. It's sad, but my father-in-law doesn't want anyone but us to come over now or we would take my dad with us.

For Ron, the girls and their families want to take us to a fun new place downtown "in the flats" that is suppose to have great tacos and such, with a patio in the back for games. That is as much as I know about it. So, we will probably do that on Saturday night. Of course, this is all subject to change....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh.....family dynamics at play. My mom ended up feeling the same way as your f-I-l . My aunt (who we used to take shopping and out to lunch) lived in the bldg. next to Mom, but do you think she'd let us have the two of them for one trip over to Everett?????????? Oh no. Sure wish we had a Dad to cater to - besides Roy Richard, of course. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
No real official plans but I suppose we can also call Michael's graduation get together on Saturday a Father's Day thing too.   My aunt Jackie (dad's sister) will be in town and if everyone shows up, we'll all be together anyway.  This is where we are taking everyone to.  Only 5 minutes from our house (the Orange location).   I will probably get catfish.  My credit card is going to be hurting after this.

https://johnnyrebs.com/
darn - first scallops and then my favorite.....catfish. Enough already, Trixxee!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Have fun Maryann and Trixxee!

Ashley is taking us out to lunch at Fish Bites.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Have fun, Trixxee and Daphne!

Plans have changed already. My sister and I are making dinner for our dad tomorrow night instead of tonight. She is bringing back apple pies from Amish country that are just amazing. Stacked high, then baked in a brown paper bag. Not sure why, but they are delicious.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Everyone's plans sound great.  Steak, scallops, and all the rest.

We are going to the Farmers' Market tomorrow morning.  Hopefully our amazing beef vendor will be there and we will get either a skirt or flank steak . . . or . . . and we'll drop whatever into the sous vide for Father's day.  I'm not sure what else will be on the menu - we've got some bubbles in the wine cooler.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

RE: Father's Day Plans??? Harborwitch Everyone's plans sou...
We got a beautiful flank steak at the Farmers' so that will go in the sous vide.   Now I am rethinking tonight's dinner, I think I'll make the garlic scape lemon pasta to go with the flank steak, and beets.  I'd love to use the grill but Bob has it taken apart to rebuild all the burners and other parts that died.  $30 in parts and a like new grill!
Going simple 'cause I can't get an answer out him!! Haute Gourmet Hot Dogs, thank you very much and baked beans.
www.achefsjourney.com
Father's Day Plans???