Monday's Dinner - 8/21/17??

What's for dinner for everyone??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
Well, I brined some chicken breasts today for a few hours, then Ron put them on the grill. Made some steamed jasmine rice, broccoli and used a drizzle of that wonderful sweet chili sauce you told me about, Jean. That's my new favorite!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
sounds good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Did you all watch the eclipse today? Amazing.

A big day of cooking & baking here. CA is going to D3's* house for a pajama party with the granddaughters and requested slow cooker Mongolian beef with a side of jasmine rice. I also made a batch of cinnamon rolls for dessert, since I had the yeast and flour out, I decided to make pizza dough. Dinner for this lonely guy is pepperoni pizza. Big Grin

*Daughter #3
I mostly made Blane's birthday sandwich but with a couple changes because of produce at home.  I subbed the peppers and onions for sliced tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.

We love it - thank you!
PJ party with the granddaughters - doesn't that sound like a fun time for Grandma!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner, 8/22/17??

What's for dinner??
www.achefsjourney.com
Tony will be traveling again so it's just Michael and I.  I have a nice basil plant from the grocery store sitting on the counter-am thinking of a creamy sun-dried tomato & basil sauce over a sauteed chicken breast.  The stove top is sort of a mess anyway, might as well add a little more to that mess.

Not much went on here with the eclipse.  Blane - your pizza looked great.
That sounds tasty, T. We have l/o grilled chicken breast that I have not decided what to do with. Hmmm.

We were coming out of the theater yesterday at the height of the eclipse. I made them look at the ground all the way to the car because they didn't have the proper eyewear. We watched it on the news an hour later. Amazing.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thanks Trixxee! I ate almost all of it. Oink!!

Dinner is Mexican Baby Back Ribs with Ancho Chili BBQ Sauce and corn on the cob. This is a Cuisine at Home recipe that I've made before, it's really good. Issue #118.
DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17