Is everyone eating light leading up to the big day?  Bone-in rib eyes were on sale for $5.99/lb so we picked up a couple.  We'll share a grilled steak tonight (these things are huge), broccoli and romaine salad jazzed up with a little frizzled proscuitto and bleu cheese crumbles.

Dinner Thread 11/20-11/27 Trixxee Is everyone eating l...
I don't think we're exactly eating light!  Eating easy is more like it!  

Last night was Monday Night Football and the Seahawks were playing!  Jeff came over to watch some football with us.  I put 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the sous vide until they were just slightly under done.  I cut them into pieces and breaded them (gluten free flour) and quickly fried them.  Served with a buffalo blue cheese sauce and some Brussels sprouts with prosciutto and balsamic glaze,  and some mashed potatoes.  Easy dinner for football night.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
That all sounds delicious!

Tonight we are having tortilla crusted tilapia and Tony suggested "riced" cauliflower and broccoli with it.  For that this time I'm going to saute some chopped onion before I add the riced veggies and I'll finish it all with a squeeze of lime and chopped cilantro just to give it a flavor that goes with the fish.
We had a busy weekend with the in-laws, so were back and forth between houses 3 days in a row. That led to eating on the run and not necessarily healthy.

So, today, I have the kiddos with me and Tommy helped me get a nice big pot roast ready for the oven, using a recipe from the Silver Spoon. He diced up all the veggies for me, sauteed them in the pot, browned the roast, and added tomatoes and beef stock. Will be simmering in the dutch oven for the afternoon until fork tender. Mashed potatoes and mixed veggies on the side. I wanted to make a nice dinner for my dad because he won't be having Thanksgiving with me this year.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I am too whupped to go down to the freezer (it's in the Pro Shop basement) and find something for dinner.

I have some leftover rotisserie chicken in the freezer up here, I've got some canned tomatillos and chiles so I think a Chicken Chili Verde, some pinto beans and maybe some corn.  I had some yellow rice . . . but the mice got it.  Grrrrrr.  I do have some tostada shells.  Of course I could go a little off kilter . . . with a Chicken Chili Verdi Mac & Cheese?

Bob just voted for the Chicken Chili Verdi Mac & Cheese.  Nod to Jean . . . I will use some Velveeta.
Sharon, Jean would LOVE that!  LOL!

The tilapi sounds great, Teixxee!

Maryann, I've got a chuck roast in the freezer waiting to be made into a pot roast or Colorado Burritoes right after the holiday!

Our new guy took his daughter, wife and new baby girl back home for the holiday, so it's just the two of us this week...needless to say, super busy!  Sunday night I made Chicken Soup with shells.  Last night I planned to have leftovers, and we did, but two neighbor's dropped off gumbo and a chili/soup that was super spicy.  So leftovers it was.

Tonight we had Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo.

Tomorrow will be interesting.  I've got maps to get out, and prep for Thursday.  Dinner will likely be take out.  I did take a BIG short cut....ordered a Cajun Fried Turkey from Bojangles since my oven is too small to cook one.  Now to figure out how to reheat it and make all the sides.  Am I overwhelmed?YES!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Don't be overwhelmed, Daphne. Make it easy on yourself so you can enjoy the day. Wink

I have the kiddos again today. My little sous chef, Tommy, will be helping me get ready for tomorrow. We have stuffing bread to break up, and I always get the vegetables prepped ahead of time, so he will be busy chopping again. We will also be making two pumpkin pies and 'day ahead' mashed potatoes. Tommy will also help me get the dining room table set up.

This year, we will be using a recipe we saw on a cooking show for spatchcocked turkey. I love this idea because the whole turkey gets nice and brown without overcooking. The idea is to open it up and lay it over the dressing for roasting. That way it flavors the dressing and you still get the crispy dressing that isn't covered. So, it's just like real stuffing. Originally, Ron was going to put the turkey on the grill, but it's too cold here, so into my grandma's huge roasting pan it will go. Big Grin

Tonight we will be having hot roast beef sandwiches with what's left from last night.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Daphne I have learned that living in an RV means just rolling with it.  Make it easy on yourself.  

I have nothing done for tomorrow.  I'm on my way to the Gastro guy for my endoscopy, so I'll have to see how I feel after that.  I know we are going to use our new pizza oven for the turkey.  

They are having a "get together" tomorrow at work, at 5.  Strange time . . . that's when I'm usually into final prep for dinner.  They had talked about an actual dinner at noonish but too many people were going to their families.  Jeff is talking about coming over to our place for dinner. 

Well . . . we are here, off to see the doc.

Have fun kids.

LOL, typed all that in this morning and closed my laptop before it posted the reply!  I was out of there in time for lunch!  Spring rolls and Pad Thai for lunch.  Yum.

Costco is done, new under counter fridge and a few items we needed.  Safeway is done and we are on our way home!
Okay, my Make Ahead Gravy (CAH Recipe that Erin tried when that recipe came out.) is in the oven.  I'll get that done tonight.  Sweet Potatoes will go on first thing tomorrow.  (They were so popular last year with Ashley and Jason's family and friends, she is making them for their dinner this year by request.  And she doesn't even care for them!  LOL!). The turkey will go in to rewarm afterwards while the butter beans cook and I prep the dressing.

Tonight, I will polish off the chicken noodle soup.  But I have GOT to tell you about the amazing oysters I had for lunch at Loco Jo's!  Joanne and Brian recently visited Nashville and had these and replicated the recipe.  They named them Southern Oysters BK, but I like Brian's nickname better...Redneck Oyster Rockefeller.  Oysters on the half shell topped with collards cooked in beer and chicken stock with a few Thai chile peppers, an adouille sausage cream sauce, Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of shoe peg corn.  Delicious!

Scroll down the page for a picture: https://www.facebook.com/Loco-Jos-Bar-Gr...792706965/
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

RE: Dinner Thread 11/20-11/27 Gourmet_Mom Okay, my Make Ahead ...
Oh Daphne! You sound so organized and everything sounds wonderful!
I am looking forward to being on the coast and getting fresh oysters and crab!
Dinner Thread 11/20-11/27