What's for dinner?

I have no idea since we won't be home. Ron has to take his dad to an appointment, then is meeting me at 5:30 for Katie's first high school basketball game. I have to keep a separate calendar on the fridge with all the b-ball games listed for Katie, Abby, and now Tommy. So, we might be eating hotdogs from the concession stand. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 Mare749 What's for dinner? ...
I am making that Indian butter chicken again (it was soooo good) served over some Green Giant riced veggies.
WOW!  That time of year already, Maryann!  I love how active you guys are in the lives of your grandchildren! I hope I will some day have that opportunity!  I’ll eat concession hot dogs with a smile every night if need be!   Tongue

Trixxee, I am just too unsure about that recipe.  It is so far out from my comfort zone.  Maybe I’ll get a chance to sample it sometime?

William insisted on shrimp again tonight.  I guess I will be ordering more this week.  I think I may need to order more this time.   Undecided
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Uhm . . . . I am not sure what we're having yet.  Chicken something . . . not sure chicken what yet.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Trixxee, did you post your butter chicken recipe on here? If so, I missed it and would love to make it.
Maryann

I was supposed to make the Japanese Fried Chicken tonight, but we got home late, so I’m diving in the freezer for frozen leftovers.  I found two cooked steaks that I had saved for Beef and Broccoli that I haven’t used and I’ve got two potatoes leftover from mashed potatoes from a few days ago.  There is salad already made in the fridge.  Easy Peasy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Last night we had more ham and bean soup - sure was good.  

Going to try this new low carb recipe tonight.

https://lowcarbyum.com/mexican-zucchini-and-beef/

Maryann, here is the recipe.  But I saute an onion first which is not in Joanna's recipe but is in Sharon's.  Outstanding flavors.  Oh, and since I don't have tumeric anymore I added regular old curry powder for color but I like the taste of that.  I think that was a tip from Sharon as well.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/268949408978432746/
Wow, that recipe is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Will be trying soon. Thanks T!

We had leftover chicken rice soup (Chinese Chicken Congee) and it was so good. I think it's my new favorite soup and so easy to make in the Instant Pot. Gina from the Old Chef 2 Chef forum made it a lot for her parents. So, yesterday when my dad wasn't feeling well, I decided to make it for him and saved a bit for us.

We FINALLY got our Christmas decorating done! Life kept getting in the way, but today we had the time to do it. Smile
Maryann

Monday night we did have chicken.  After a trip to the crazy crazy good ($$$) grocery store in town I had inspiration, a jar of green peppercorn mustard on closeout caught my eye.  Chicken, home marinated artichoke hearts, red onion, with the green peppercorn mustard and a splash of wine. I reduced the sauce and served the chicken over a 50/50 salad mix with a Honey Apple salad dressing.  Light and perfect.

Last night was Chili Mac & Cheese and another salad.  Gluten free pasta is my friend.  

Today we went to lunch in town at a Mexican restaurant in town.  It was OK, not very authentic compared to what we're used to - very Americanized but good.  I thinking leftovers for dinner tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Even though it's still windy, I pulled a bone in rib eye out of the freezer for Tony to grill.  I'm going to make a mushroom cream sauce I've been seeing all over FB to go on top.  Also we'll split a diced roasted sweet potato and for the sake of ease, I'll pick up a pre-made salad.  Ready Pac has some decent ones.
DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017