It's the last day of spring today, but it feels like the middle of summer here. From the August 2002 issue, I'm making the Green Goddess Prawn Salad w/ Avocado, Mango, Cantaloupe and Red Grapes.

[Image: 1_zpsd59iz86j.jpg]

What's for dinner? 6/20/18 losblanos1 It's the last day of...
Oh my goodness, Blane! Cuisine should be paying you for your pix! That looks amazing!

We had Ron's "best ever" smoked chicken. He has gotten the whole thing down to a science now and rarely uses the gas grill any more.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thank you Maryann. You're too kind. Speaking of Cuisine at home, do you still subscribe? They have a new editor and have completely changed the format. One of the biggest changes is that their photos are amazing now. Great camera angles, lots of color and they cut down on the props they use for the pictures.
Yes, I do still subscribe and have noticed the "new" look with great photos. Smile
Maryann

Where is the drool emoji????
Former US Marine and self-taught Grillmaster.  https://www.grillseeker.com
Oh Blane that looks so good!  The photo is amazing, I now have to get a drool shield for my keyboard!

Maryann, smoked chicken sounds soooo good!  We bought a chicken yesterday . . .  does Ron smoke the chicken whole or does he split it?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sharon, he primarily does "parts" but has also used the "spatchcocked" method for both chicken and turkey with great success. He only uses the hardwood lump charcoal now and really likes it. Even though it's initially a bit more expensive, there is no waste because he uses the pieces over again. When he's done cooking, he just puts the chunks into a bucket of water, then lays them out to dry out.
Maryann

What's for dinner? 6/20/18