Burp!  I have to spend this weekend cleaning out my fridge and maybe pantry.  

1770 House Meatloaf (OMG), a Kohlrabi/Yukon Gold Gratin and buttered beets.  Burp.  It was an amazing dinner . . . now, what do I do with all the leftovers?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

What's for dinner - 07/19/18 Harborwitch Burp!  I have to spe...
Sounds like a wonderful meal, Sharon. I'm impressed with your creativity considering you have limited space.

I picked up some sirloin steaks today, something we haven't had for a while. It's funny, back in the day, that's all we used to buy and put on the grill and it was always really good. Not sure why or when we got away from it because it seems like we always buy more expensive cuts now. Truth be told, they aren't always that great either. So, I brought home my steaks and put them in a garlic and herb marinade for the afternoon until Ron got home to grill them. What a pleasant surprise we had for dinner tonight! Our steak was really tender and full of meaty flavor. I made salt baked red potatoes that you boil first, then smash down, drizzle with oil and seasonings and finish in the oven until really crispy. They were great. I made a simple salad with fresh greens, onions and tomatoes to go on the side. Finally getting my interest in cooking back I think.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  What's for dinner - 07/19/18 Harborwitch Burp!  I have to spe...
Thank you Maryann.   The meatloaf is an Ina Garten recipe from the 1770 House restaurant.  It makes a HUGE meatloaf and we ate almost half of it.  Those steaks sound good.  I love a good steak and a simple dinner.  I think I washed the food processor 5 times yesterday!  Sheesh.

We love those potatoes, especially with salt & vinegar.  I haven't done those in a long time.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
What's for dinner - 07/19/18