While looking at the Bon Appetit 7/93 magazine for Bill's crab cake recipe, I ran across this one and thot how timely, seeing as how we also have a recipe for chorize recently posted....Suzie, I just may beat you in making up a batch of the sausage so I can try this one out!!!

Chorizo & Pork Burritos
Bon Appetit, 7/93
Served at Silver Nugget Cafe in Ouray, Colorado
Makes 4

2 14 1/2-oz. cans ready-cut peeled tomatoes
2 7-oz. cans diced green chilies
1 cup chicken stock or canned broth
1/2 cup purchased tomatillo salsa or sauce
1 T. chili powder
2 tsp. minced jalapeno chili
1 tsp. ground cumin

3 T. vege oil
1 1/2 lbs. lean pork shoulder, cut into 1/2" cubes

8 oz. bulk chorizo sausage
4 eggs, beaten to blend
4 burrito-size (about 9" diameter) flour tortillas, warm
2 1/2 cups (about 10 oz.) grated cheddar cheese
4 green onions, chopped

Bring first seven ingred. to boil in heavy large pot. Reduce heat and simmer 20 min. Set aside.

Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat (ahem, haven't we just discussed this....???? ). Add pork & brown well, stirring frequently, about 12 min.

Add pork to green chili mixture and simmer until tender, about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt & pepper.

(Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover & refrigerate. Bring to simmer before using.)

Cook chorizo sausage in heavy large skillet over medium heat till cooked thru, crumbling with spoon, about 10 min. Spoon off any fat from sausage.

Add eggs to chorizo and cook till set, stirring frequently, about 5 min.

Spoon chorizo mixture in center of warm tortillas. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese. Roll up and place seam side down on plates.

Spoon 1/2 cup sauce over each (reserve remaining sauce for another use.). Sprinkle burritos with remaining cheese and chopped green onions.

Sounds good, doesn't it????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Chorizo & Pork Burritos cjs While looking at the...
YUMMM----Another winner---this is great because it is gonna keep me VERY busy---copied, pasted, printed. I LOVE making sausage concoctions---the ooziness through the fingers-- Shopping Friday!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Chorizo & Pork Burritos Roxanne 21 YUMMM----Another win...
Well, good roxanne, this will keep you out of trouble till hubby comes home!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chorizo & Pork Burritos Roxanne 21 YUMMM----Another win...
I agree with you about the "ooze" factor.

This recipe looks so yummy! Nothing better than chorizo with eggs, IMO. My in-laws are from Nicaragua, and they love to make Chorizo con Huevo. Easy to make, but so good. We eat it every time we visit them; they live in FL and can buy the "right" chorizo there. My DH is taking a trip to Nicaragua in Aug., and I'm hoping he can get me a Nicaraguan cookbook. (Crossing fingers!) Anyhoo, thanks so much for the recipe. Gonna have to try it, huh?
You have to know what the rules are before you can successfully break them.

Re: Chorizo & Pork Burritos Suzie_Homemaker I agree with you abo...
YOU BET!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Chorizo & Pork Burritos