Whoo Hoo! I ordered my new range today! I am so excited! It probably won't be here for a month, but I am really excited about it! We don't have gas here, so I have to go with electric. I have this same style in a REALLY old range, and I really like the extra large cooktop and the extra oven. Now I get convection and a glass top - I have never had either.

Here is a link to it.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.d...Cookie=Yes

Erin
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

New Range! esgunn Whoo Hoo! I ordere...
Oh how excited you must be!! That thing is going to be a breeze to clean too

So..what's your first dish going to be? I'm so disappointed with my first dish...haha I had been with out a stove for 7 months and was so happy to be cooking I grabbed a box of Mac and Cheese..I know I know...I cringe everytime I think of that too!

Re: New Range! DFen911 Oh how excited you m...
ERIN---YOU ARE GONNA LOVE THAT STOVE TOP---i HAVE ONE VERY SIMILAR and it is wonderful----just a matter of getting used to the temps and how quickly everything cooks---

The convection oven changes all of your baking capabilities---again experiment with foods you have done before to get a handle on the changes!!

NOW--you have NO excuse (Other than those little ones) to join us for our dinner parties---see you soon!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: New Range! Roxanne 21 ERIN---YOU ARE GONNA...
It's always fun to have a new 'toy' to play with, isn't it???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Range! Roxanne 21 ERIN---YOU ARE GONNA...
It is going to be tough to learn how to cook all over again. I have been cooking to meet my stoves capabilities for sooo long. Out of 4 burners, one didn't work at all, one only cooked on High - which wasn't really high, and the other two at something lower than full power.

I have really been wanting to make the roulades again. And bake cookies. It has just been so hot here to do much of any cooking.

I will start dreaming of what my first meal will be. I know my husband would proably pick Schnitzel.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: New Range! esgunn It is going to be to...
Lucky you! Congratulations. I am fortunate enough to have 4 electric burners that do what they're supposed to; and unfortunate enough to have two ovens that don't. You have to keep fiddling with the oven controls to get the temp you want..or close anyway Oh to have a stove where everything works as advertised. They make a cleanser called Bar Keepers Friend that works well on those glass tops.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: New Range! bjcotton Lucky you! Congratu...
Good for you Erin Congratulations!!! on your lovely new toy. I'm feeling very happy for you. Myself, I cook on a hundred year old wood/gas stove that has almost no capablilities and the oven temp is anybody's guess. But we do okay, no complaints. Still something as beautiful as yours makes the head turn teehee
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: New Range! farnfam Good for you Erin Co...
What a beauiful looking cooker. I am so glad you have it. (Well, soon).
New Range!