Here is a recipe that I fixed for lunch today. It's not out of CAH, but is sure scrumptious. I'll even post a link to the picture. I modified it a little (of course) and added some left-over chopped pork chop.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...o-Eggs.jpg

* Exported from MasterCook *

Baked Eggs with Tomatoes (Uova al piatto con pomodori)

Recipe By : The Italian Cooking Encyclopedia
Serving Size : 3 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Eggs-Dairy-Breakfast

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion -- finely chopped
1 pound tomatoes, peeled and seeded -- chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
6 large eggs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon butter

Heat the oil in a shallow flameproof dish. Add the onion, and cook until soft and golden.

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Add the tomatoes to the onions, and cook for 5--10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are very soft. Stir in the chopped basil.

Break the eggs, one at a time, and slip them into the dish in one layer on top of the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Dot with butter. Cover the dish, and bake in the oven for 7--10 minutes, or until the egg whites have just set, but the yolks are still soft. Serve at once.

Variation: Sprinkle 2--3 Tbs of freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the eggs before baking for a richer, tastier dish.

Source:
"The Italian Cooking Encyclopedia"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : These eggs simply baked over a fresh tomato sauce make an easy dish for a light supper or breakfast.
3 large or 6 small servings.

Italian Eggs with....... bjcotton Here is a recipe tha...
Well piddle Billy!! I was all set to make a chix salad with a couple pkgs. of l/o chix...this looks good!!!! Will copy and then toss a coin!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Italian Eggs with....... bjcotton Here is a recipe tha...
Mr. bjcotton, I made this dish for brunch this morning. Well, the original posting (without any meat) that is. I served it with a lovely avocado - with a little parm shaved over the top and a squirt of lemon juice. Crusty bread and french roast rounded out the meal. DH almost cried!

Re: Italian Eggs with....... dollop [img]/ubbthreads/ima...
I am glad you enjoyed it. If you are interested I have a very similar dish I will post the recipe for.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Italian Eggs with....... bjcotton I am glad you enjoye...
Thank you, I would appreciate that.

Re: Italian Eggs with....... dollop Thank you, I would a...
Here ya go. Hope you like this one too.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Baked Eggs with Cheese

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 3 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Eggs-Dairy-Breakfast

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
6 large eggs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons baked or boiled ham, cut into thin matchst
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
2 tablespoons butter
3 fresh basil leaves (3 to 4) -- to garnish
1 rounds crusty bread, warmed to serve

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter a shallow ovenproof dish (or dishes, if you prefer to bake the eggs individually).

Break the eggs into the dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the hame over the whites. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan or Romano.

Dot with butter. Cover the dish, and bake for 7--10 minutes, or until the whites have set and the cheese has melted. Garnish with the basil. Serve hot with warmed bread.

Source:
"The Italian Cooking Encyclopedia"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Grated Parmesan or Romano makes a tasty addition to this simple dish.
3 large or 6 small servings.

Billy

Re: Italian Eggs with....... bjcotton Here ya go. Hope yo...
I posted this addition to this recipe on the other site, so I hope it bares repeating:
This is the most wonderful way to serve eggs "Italian" style. My grandma would make them just this way but with par boiled asparagus in the bottom of the casserole and bake as directed. This is from the collection of things she taught me which she referred to as "food from when we were poor"
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Italian Eggs with....... farnfam I posted this additi...
That looks marvelous Billy. Thank you very much.

Re: Italian Eggs with....... vannin That looks marvelous...
Thank you, both!
  Re: Italian Eggs with....... farnfam I posted this additi...
Cis, some of the most valuable info I've ever received came from the recollections of "when we were poor". As you think of them, share them with us please...and be sure to write them down or they will be lost.

Billy
Italian Eggs with.......