This is from the Whole Foods site - It's a wonderful light dinner and the slaw is just delicious!

Apple Cheddar Quesadillas with Cranberry Coleslaw

Prepare the tangy coleslaw first, so its flavors can meld while you make the quesadillas.

Serves 4
Cranberry Coleslaw
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 2 TB lemon juice
• 1 TB sugar
• sea salt, to taste
• 10 oz shredded cabbage coleslaw mix
• 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
• 2 scallions, green and white parts thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup dried cranberries
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Quesadillas
• 6 whole wheat tortillas
• 12 oz shredded cheddar cheese <>
• 2 apples (any sweet, crunchy variety like Gala or Fuji), washed and sliced
• 2 TB butter

Prepare the coleslaw: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water, sugar and salt. Combine shredded cabbage, carrot, scallions, cranberries and optional nuts in a large bowl. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss well to coat. Allow coleslaw to sit at least 15 minutes before serving, tossing occasionally. Serve with apple quesadillas.

Sprinkle 2–3 tablespoons cheese over one half of tortilla. Place several apple slices, barely overlapping, on top of cheese. Then sprinkle 2 more tablespoons of cheese on top of apples and fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat and cook quesadillas until the cheese melts and the tortillas are golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately with Cranberry Coleslaw.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Apple Cheddar Quesadillas with Cranberry Coleslaw cjs This is from the Who...
Thanks so very much. Those quesadillas sound like such a great alternative to other types!
Calliope

Re: Apple Cheddar Quesadillas with Cranberry Coleslaw Calliope Thanks so very much....
Now if you would just post photos with your recipes-- in your spare time that is!!!

I really must try quesadillas--haven't made them too much but that one sounds REALLY interesting--ingredients up my alley!!

Thanks for posting-----------
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
YUM!! Thank you for posting.
Thanks for posting. I bet my kids will love the quesadillas and might even like the coleslaw with the dried cranberries in it!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Thank you! It's in the queu.

PJ
PJ
Apple Cheddar Quesadillas with Cranberry Coleslaw