What is the best way to reheat leftovers cooked in a slow cooker without drying out the meat?

slow cooker ktn What is the best way...
I'm not the expert here but I would reheat in a fairly low temp oven--cover the dish with foil just until heated through. I have successfully used this method---

Be assured---the pros will give better, more accurate, advice when they check in!!

Nice to see you again, ktn!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  slow cooker ktn What is the best way...
I usually seal up my left overs in my "Food Saver." Then pop them in a hot water bath. This method keeps us happy.

Re: slow cooker dollop I usually seal up my...
If you must use a microwave zap it first for about 20 seconds on high to take the chill off. But to heat it thru reduce your power setting to 50%. Reheating foods in a micro should never be done on high as the food is already cooked.

I use the stovetop method and put a lid on the sauce pan I'm using and very low heat.

MMMmmmMmm Crock Pot food....I love winter when I can throw everything in the morning and come from work and have my house smelling great and dinner is ready.

Re: slow cooker DFen911 If you must use a mi...
When I heat foods that haven't been saved in my FoodSaver pouches, I use the baine marie method - a SST bowl set over a pan of simmering water. It's about the gentlest heating after the pouch, of course.

"Be assured---the pros will give better, more accurate, advice when they check in!!"

Shame on you Roxanne - you give as good advice as anyone on this forum!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
slow cooker