Vegas (Gloria) is a FANTASTIC lady that was a really strong support system on this forum when I first became involved with the magazine and the world it opened to me. If any one of us newbies would have a question on anything, she would ALWAYS have a coherent but concise explanation. Over a couple of years we developed a very nice personal relationship and have had ongoing e-mails which I treasure. Now to the point: The forum was becoming extremely boring and a few of the past members were nasty--very little interaction had occurred over quite some time soooo she decided to move on to other things.

She is a great loss to the forum and you would really enjoy everything about her. GREAT personality and incredible knowledge--extremely intelligent and willing to share---FUN lady!!!

I will try to coax her to return--she just suffered a heart attack but has recovered well and is as feisty as ever. I miss her here--she may enjoy this forum now that we have some interesting and lively interaction again--thanks to the family that has evolved over the past year (almost)--do you believe it!!!???!!!

I'll work on it---

I couldn't access your posts from a day or two ago--"fatal error" occurred--whatever that means---could only access through the off line view site--reason for the new posting!!
Come on you "oldies"---HELP me with encouragement (read:begging) !!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

VegasDramaQueen Roxanne 21 Vegas (Gloria) is a ...
I read some of her posts yesterday, and would love to have her back!! Tell her what a nice bunch of people we are, and I hope she's recovering well!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: VegasDramaQueen Lorraine I read some of her p...
I would love to have her back too. She sounds just the ticket for us now. No nasties, do tell her what a magnificent mob we are. And we are all lined up to welcome her home......

Re: VegasDramaQueen vannin I would love to have...
She sounds like a wonderful and knowledgeable person. I'm so glad that she's doing well healthwise and would love for her to participate again.

We're nothing but sweet.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: VegasDramaQueen Half_Baked She sounds like a wo...
You know what still astounds me about this site Roxanne? Look at the Chicken Roulades thread...there were 116 views, but only 15 responses. Imagine what we could have in ALL of those viewing the site would participate. I was hooked after the first of my visits to this site. There are other more active sites, but lots of their posts and threads are jokes and non-cooking topics. We have a few non-cooking posts/threads but they are scattered here and there.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: VegasDramaQueen bjcotton You know what still ...
...and not every thread is highjacked!! I love this forum and I sure would love to meet VDQ (sounds like an anti-bacterial thang... )

With her knowledge, I'd love to swap some heart-healthy ideas with her.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: VegasDramaQueen cjs ...and not every thr...
Hopefully she'll be lurking and see how the Forum has changed. Since I've only been here a bit, I've never seen the old 'evil' side.
Jan

Re: VegasDramaQueen Half_Baked Hopefully she'll be ...
I think I may have over-exaggerated the nasty bit a little. It's not that the posts were personally targeted, the tone was in rather poor taste BUT not enough to chase some of us away. The big impetus for the exile of former members was (IMHO) the lack of interesting interaction. This forum is just about the only one that stays on course most of the time and when it's not--weel, it's not inappropriate. I enjoy the banter among the friends here--good chuckles!!!

I have lurked on a few other forums and even though some are interesting at times I really don't join in too much due to a couple of bad incidents----trust me, I'm NOT a shrinking violet by any stretch. I don't want to spend this quality time arguing, debating and trying to one-up the next guy in nasti-isms (new word, folks). NAH---this place is so much fun and relaxing in its own way. LOVE IT!!!

The transition over the past six months is refreshing and I wish to THANK YOU ALL!!!

I'm trying with Gloria---but she's really busy returning from her summer haunt to her winter one---this lady is incredibly busy at all times. Really hope she will find a few moments to visit---I think she will enjoy this new family!!!
  Re: VegasDramaQueen bjcotton You know what still ...
I totally agree with you Billy. The positive in all those views is that at least others are visiting---more than can be said before!!! Keep it up, Billy---we'll round them up slowly but eventually---then I can say I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Re: VegasDramaQueen Roxanne 21 I totally agree with...
"I don't want to spend this quality time arguing, debating and trying to one-up the next guy in nasti-isms"

I have gotten into a debate maybe twice in all my computer years. It's just not anything I'm willing to get involved with, at all.
Jan

VegasDramaQueen