Just wondering if anyone has a fvorite recipe for these little delights. I finally received my madeleine pan in my care package -- I won't whinge (whine) about the time frame -- I ordered the "____" thing when I was reading a recipe and thought this might be a fun thing to do. Curious, that's all.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Madeleines Roxanne 21 Just wondering if an...
I made them one time at school and one time at work, but other than that, I've not really worked with them. I'm anxious to hear what others have done also. I do have an earmarked recipe for "Marinated Cherries with Honey Ice Cream and Madeleines" that I haven't tried yet....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Madeleines cjs I made them one time...
Madeleines were my mom's favorite cookie but alas, I don't have any of her recipes.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: Madeleines Half_Baked Madeleines were my m...
This is a good recipe!
http://www.joyofbaking.com/madeleines.html

Ther are also some good recipes in, Once Upon A Tart.

Sweet and savory!!

Re: Madeleines dollop This is a good recip...
Thank you dollop, saved to favourites. I adore them, but never made them, so suitable for Christening teas and so on.

Re: Madeleines vannin Thank you dollop, sa...
I want to know, "Madeleine's what?" Obviously I don't know what they are. I assume a cookie like thingie since that's what you've mentioned, but what are they like?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Madeleines bjcotton I want to know, "Mad...
A madeleine is a traditional sweet from France. Madeleines are identified by their distinctive shell-like shape, which they acquire from being baked in special pans with shell-shaped depressions. Madeleines are cake-like and fairly small. Their flavour is similar to, but somewhat lighter than, pound cake, with a pronounced butter-and-lemon taste.

I liked the pan for some strange reason--now I need a tried and true recipe.

Thanks dollop--the sites are great!!
  Madeleines Roxanne 21 Just wondering if an...
I have always used the recipe from The Joy Of Cooking and I have found it to be superb. I once had to make 12 dozen for a reception while taking a course on Proust, i.e., the famous tea and madeline scene. I always think of Swans Way.

Re: Madeleines vontrottzu I have always used t...
Welcome to the forums, 'von'!! Good to see you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Madeleines vontrottzu I have always used t...
Thank you vontrottzu---HUGE WELCOME to our family. You will love it here, I hope!! Interesting screen name--see ya around!!!
Madeleines