I've been very interested to read the posts on chili.
So who's got a great sauce for spaghetti?
I like to put olives, mushrooms, onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, anchovy paste, and beef or chicken in mine!
What about you?
Loving every moment of my life!!

Okay, so what about spaghetti sauce? Bizymomma I've been very inter...
I used to do it up big like that with pork chops, chicken and the works but nowadays I just enjoy my sauce rather plain with a little ground beef and the 'regular' spices.

I guess I'm saving room for all the Italian bread that I eat, loaded with butter.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: Okay, so what about spaghetti sauce? Half_Baked I used to do it up b...
Mine is very similar to Jean's---vinegar?? Hmmm---

I add tons of fresh basil and garlic---LOVE garlic!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Okay, so what about spaghetti sauce? Roxanne 21 Mine is very similar...
I have two versions - Smooth and chunky.

My smooth I start on the stove, fresh roma tomatoes, lots of garlic, oregano, basil, red wine (some for the sauce and some for me), mushrooms, small diced onions and a bit of parmesan cheese. Then when that is cooked down she goes into a crockpot for 6 hours on low and then it's chilled and refridgerated overnight.

My chunky starts the same but I add celery and onion which has been sauteed a bit, the mushrooms go in at the end, sometimes zucchini, basil, oregano (fresh if I can get it) browned ground turkey or chicken, more red wine here too (ok I'll have a second glass as well), fresh parmesan and let this cook for about an hour. I usually start the tomatoes going first while I'm chopping up all the other goodies.

I'm hungry now...

Re: Okay, so what about spaghetti sauce? DFen911 I have two versions ...
I add vinegar too and a sprinkle of sugar.

Next time you make sauce, sprinkle it with 1/16 or 1/8 t of baking soda...it's amazing how it lightens it up. Just a bit of the soda because I have put too much in and it tasted awful. I do this every once in awhile.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Okay, so what about spaghetti sauce? Bizymomma I've been very inter...
I have a basic (plum tomatoes, tom. paste, oregano, basil, lots of black pepper, olive oil and fiinish with speck of cider vinegar) one that I just add different items to at different times (which means whatevers in the pantry/frig)

And, to me, spaghetti sauce is like stock - never boil, just simmer. I usually let mine cook too long probably because I just love the way it makes the house smell!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Okay, so what about spaghetti sauce?