Oh Good Lord!! How will I ever decided which to make first???? I'm leaning towards the Poblano soup because of my passion for those little goodies.

I found 9 reviews and not one bad one - altho, one was a little lukewarm.

darn all the leftovers in the fridge that have to be dealt with...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Splendid Soups Book cjs Oh Good Lord!! How w...
Okay! Here are some reviews from the recipes we have made...and all have been wonderful!

Chicken and Crab Callaloo- very good.
DH was reluctant because of the okra but changed his mind. I loved the texture and smokey influence in this recipe. This was very different for us and we did enjoy it.

Poblano Corn Chowder
I made this with DS’s girlfriend as a surprise for DS!
I tasted this before I left from her kitchen and it is a winner! Reports from them were stellar and I have to agree. We went for this recipe before fresh corn went by the wayside.
We also made the Crab Toasts (the Add On recipe) and while I didn’t try those, the two of them loved, loved, loved it!

And the most recent one I’ve made was the Chicken Pot Pie Soup with the Puff Pastry Croutons...what’s not to love about this one!?!
Everything about this recipe was lovely! DH loved the sherry touch used to deglaze.

I’m telling Y’all, you need to order this issue!

I came back to edit this: I predict this issue may become one that I try each and every recipe!

Re: Splendid Soups Book dollop Okay! Here are some...
Dollop: I came back to edit this: I predict this issue may become one that I try each and every recipe!

Dollop, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I can see fixing every single soup this fall and winter.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: Splendid Soups Book Half_Baked Dollop: I came back ...
I'm glad to hear this! I love soups, but there is more going on in this issue than just my enjoyment of soup.

As I haven't been a "member" for long I would like to know if C@H publishes a "special" issue for Christmas? Do I have more to anticipate from C@H like this??? (I hope so.)

Re: Splendid Soups Book dollop [img]/ubbthreads/ima...
Okay dangit...I ordered it!
Loving every moment of my life!!

Re: Splendid Soups Book Bizymomma Okay dangit...I orde...
Quote:

Okay dangit...I ordered it!

LOL You won't be sorry! I promise.

Re: Splendid Soups Book dollop [blockquote]Quote:[h...
"Dang it, I ordered it too!" I wasn't going to since we aren't much of a soup family, but after listening to y'all, I gotta have it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Splendid Soups Book bjcotton "Dang it, I ordered ...
I think I agree with everyone - probably will make every one of these soups/salads/sides!! We love soups also.

It's funny - I'm trying to figure out which to make first and I thot, oh what the heck, I'll just start at the beginning and work my way thru - but, gotta tell you the very first one doesn't light my fire...I'm not a real dumpling fan, but Roy is, so maybe....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Splendid Soups Book cjs I think I agree with...
WHAAAA!!!!!! Yeah---I'm whining again!!!

I ordered this just about the time it was posted on the website---HOW LONG AGO WAS THAT!!!! Anyway, my Mom (in Massachusetts) just received it yesterday, which means--another SIX weeks for me---UGH!!! Great to hear your opinions though---I love soups, all types. Maybe my first book to go through the recipes as well!! CAN'T WAIT!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Splendid Soups Book Roxanne 21 WHAAAA!!!!!! Yeah-...
Just take a deep breath and hang in there, Roxanne - it'll come...
www.achefsjourney.com
Splendid Soups Book