Could you please post the recipe for White pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake? I thought I had it in my stack o' recipes but I can't find it.

It's the weekend and I have a taste for cake.

xoxox
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Billy, I lost a recipe Half_Baked Could you please pos...
Here ya go my dear.......

* Exported from MasterCook *

White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake

Recipe By :Maida Heatter
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes-Pies-Cookies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 large lemons -- zest finely grated
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 by-1/2 inch piece fresh ginger (see note)
3 cups all-purpose flour -- plus more for dustin
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
1 cup unsalted butter -- at room temperature
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
Lemon glaze
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar

This cake has an intriguing, albeit unexpected, combination of sweet and hot flavors. That has made it an often-requested alternative to the common lemon pound cake. The cake is similar in concept to a pound cake but is as dense, rich and moist as an English pudding.

Cake: Adjust the oven rack one-third up from the bottom of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 10- to 12-cup Bundt pan. Dust with flour and shake out any excess.

In a small cup, combine the zest and juice. Grate (do not mince) the ginger and add it to the lemon juice mixture. Set aside. Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for about 1 minute. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated after each addition. Reduce the speed to low, add the flour mixture in 3 additions alternately with the buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Stir in the lemon and ginger mixture and blend just until combined.

Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top by briskly rotating the pan first in one direction, then the other (the batter should be rather heavy).

Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, until a cake tester inserted gently in the middle comes out clean and dry. (If you have used a 12-cup pan, the cake will not rise to the top of the pan, but that is all right.) Make glaze as soon as the cake is put in the oven to allow the flavors time to meld.

Let the cake stand in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Cover with a rack, turn the pan and rack over, remove the pan and place the cake on the rack over a large piece of aluminum foil to catch drippings of the glaze. Glaze the cake while it is still warm. After the cake is removed from the pan but while it is still warm, stir the glaze to recombine. Using a pastry brush, brush the glaze over the warm cake, allowing some to drip into the hole. The cake will easily absorb all of the glaze. If some of the glaze drips onto the foil, pour the glaze back over the cake. Set aside until cool.

Using 2 wide metal spatulas, or using a flat-sided baking sheet as a spatula, transfer the cake to a serving plate. The cake is even better if it ages for a day or two covered with plastic wrap -- the spicy hotness cools a bit as it ages.

Glaze: In a bowl, combine the juice and sugar. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Billy, I lost a recipe bjcotton Here ya go my dear.....
Thank you, Precious. That's the next cakeI'm going to make.

I was thinking and thinking about it but couldn't find it anywhere.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: Billy, I lost a recipe Half_Baked Thank you, Precious....
This is right up there with one of our favorite cakes!!! HMMM---haven't had it in a while
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Billy, I lost a recipe Roxanne 21 This is right up the...
That cake is simply wonderful. I had friends that asked me to bring that almost every time I came out to dinner. Then I made them my carrot cake, so now they switch back and forth.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Billy, I lost a recipe