Please forgive me if I have posted this recipe before - I did a search and couldn't find it and I've had a request for it - it was one of the "pumpkin degustation" from Sat. nite. It's so good, it's one of those you can't get past the fridge without cutting a piece of it....

It was posted on another forum by a good friend, Nancy, who at first didn't want to post it because of the cake mix in it - but what the heck - it's delicious!

Upside Down Pumpkin Cake

1 can pumpkin puree -- (29 ounce)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 pinch salt
1 3/4 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 can evaporated milk -- (12 fluid ounce)
1 package yellow cake mix with pudding i cup chopped pecans -- (18.25 ounce)
1 cup butter -- melted

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2. In a mixing bowl, blend pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, salt, sugar, eggs and milk. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle dry cake mix and nuts over the batter. Pour melted butter over the cake.

3. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for one hour and let cool. The cake will be kind of liquidy at first, but will firm up as it cools.
Top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream & enjoy!

SweeTooth/Nancy posted this.

If I have posted this before, please just ignore this...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Upside Down Pumpkin Cake cjs Please forgive me if...
Oh, no, Jean, we will not ignore! This recipe sounds so familiar, either my Mom or my sister in law has made this for Turkey Day, and it was so good. It was baked in a Bundt pan and drizzled with a spiced rum hard sauce. (Just a little 10x, some unsalted butter, and some spiced rum)

Might have to revise the T-Day menu once again (sigh)..

PJ
PJ

Re: Upside Down Pumpkin Cake pjcooks Oh, no, Jean, we wil...
Thanks Jean, I don't have this one and I love pumpkin recipes!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Upside Down Pumpkin Cake Mare749 Thanks Jean, I don't...
Looks great---printed just in case I should run into a pumpkin someday to puree!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Upside Down Pumpkin Cake