My oven struck again today. I set the temp to 350°F. Waited 30 minutes to let it set and then put the turkey in. Should have been 5 - 5 1/2 hours to cook. Two hours later I opened the door to check on it and the temp reads 400°F. The temp of the thigh is 172F and the breast is 180°. The stuffing inside the turkey is 170°F. Guess I'll let it sit a while and then open it up to make sure it's done.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Isn't that just........ bjcotton My oven struck again...
Billy, I have a polite little electric four element stove, which behaves well. I also have a stonking great 6 burner with one double doored oven. I do not even know how to turn the darn thing on. And, what is worse is, I don't want to find out. Shanes job is to turn it on. I am in happy receipt of a jolly good hot press of considerable dimension, left over from the old Hospital Board days. An oldy, but a goody.

Re: Isn't that just........ vannin Billy, I have a poli...
It wasn't, so I pulled it all apart, put it back in the pan with all the juice and cooked it another half hour. That fixed it!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Isn't that just........ bjcotton It wasn't, so I pull...
I'm glad it worked out for you at last, a royal pain, isn't it?

Hope the rest of the day was good for you, I'm sure we'll all share when we've (insert appropriate response):

rested up
cleaned up
sobered up
given up

Happy day to you, Billy.

PJ
PJ

Re: Isn't that just........ pjcooks I'm glad it worked o...
hahahahahahahahahahaha, PJ is a funny puppy.
Isn't that just........