Hey, with Billy away, I have a better chance of posting requested recipes...I'll keep the posting seat warm for you BillyJ!

White Cheddar Cheese Soup
(Cuisine at home, October 2004, Issue 47, p. 17)

Makes: 6 Cups Total Time: 40 Minutes Rating: Intermediate

Saute in 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter; Add:
1 cup yellow onion, diced small
1/2 cup celery, diced small
1 t. garlic, minced

Stir in; Add:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 t. dry mustard
1 1/2 t. kosher salt
1 t. ground white pepper

Whisk in:
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Stir in:
4 cups white Cheddar cheese, grated (about 12 oz.)

For the Toast Points —
Brush with Butter; Bake:
6 slices white bread, crusts removed, cut into triangles

Garnish and Serve with:
Tomatoes, seeded, diced
Chopped fresh parsley
Buttered Toast Points, below

Saute onion and celery in butter in a large pot over med.-low heat. Cook for 10 minutes; add the garlic and saute 1 - 2 minutes more.

Stir in the flour to coat the vegetables. Add dry mustard, salt, and white pepper. Stir constantly 2 - 3 minutes to prevent scorching.

Whisk in wine — mixture will be a bit clumpy. That's okay. Now whisk in the broth, milk, and cream, scraping the bottom of the pot. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.

Stir in cheese; remove from heat. Continue stirring until cheese is completely melted.

Brush both sides of bread with melted butter. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.

Garnish soup with tomatoes and parsley. Serve immediately with toast points.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

White Cheddar Cheese Soup cjs Hey, with Billy away...
Thanks, this saves me from searching for that issue!! I just had the soup for lunch and I'm in love with it. I'm a white cheddar lover anyway, but this soup is just so darn tasty. I highly recommend it to anyone who'd like to try it. I may have to go have seconds now. I've resisted, but I'm yearning for it. I'm getting weaker and weaker.
Calliope

Re: White Cheddar Cheese Soup Calliope Thanks, this saves m...
Thank you Jean! This sounds yummy.

I would be glad to post some of the recipes that are requested as I get my magazines, but I'm wondering how you go about that? Do you type all of them out when you post. I know how to transfer a recipe from Mastercook, but I have to type it in the first place in order to get in in there, unless I import it from somewhere. So, how do you do that, Jean?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: White Cheddar Cheese Soup Mare749 Thank you Jean! Thi...
Maryann, I was one of the lucky few who signed up for Cuisine Members Plus (an offshoot of Cuisine at Home)before they closed the trial membership and they have every recipe in their archives.

They (C@H powers that be)keep promising they will have the other website up and running for all by Sept. '06 - so far, only three months late....

But, I also have a scanner and learned how to do "OCR" (please don't ask me what that is) so I can copy anything from a magazine and get it in Word and on to posting anywhere I want.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: White Cheddar Cheese Soup cjs Maryann, I was one o...
I don't have that capability sooo at times I will sit and type the whole, entire recipe. I don't mind doing that--it can be a little time consuming though inasmuch as I am a two finger typist. I keep promising myself that I will teach me how to type with an at home learn to type manual. Just can't seem to find the time--ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!! DH has a good chuckle at times with my language when I find all of my mistakes--great with mixing up my keys---

How did I miss that recipe?? Cheese is my BIGGEST weakness---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: White Cheddar Cheese Soup Mare749 Thank you Jean! Thi...
You will notice only a few post many of the recipes. They are the few priveledged ones who have access TO C&H Plus web site. All the recipes are listed there. Occasionally I'll type one in, but usually someone will post the recipes from the plus web site. Hopefully someday soon they will get that site up and running and we can all have access - if we want to pay for it that is!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: White Cheddar Cheese Soup esgunn You will notice only...
Thanks Jean, I thought that might be how you were doing it. I have an all in one printer, so I'll just look at the book and learn how to scan into Word, something I've been wanting to do anyway.

Erin, I don't know about you, but I sure would like to have access to the archives, so if the fee isn't too outrageous, I'm going to join. So far, I love this website.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
White Cheddar Cheese Soup