...to be back with ya'all!! I've really missed you. My only problem this a.m. is my host went to bed without making the d--- coffee!!!! And they use coffee beans, so no way in h--- am I going to grind coffee beans at 4:30 in the morning and bring the house up standing!!!

But...I'll suffer and just enjoy my little computer till everyone else decides to join me in a new day! Oh forgot to mention in another post - Lilliput (honest to God, that's the name of the town ) has some great little shops and did some really fun shopping yesterday!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Gee, It's Good... cjs ...to be back with y...
After Sharon posting about her guest that tried to make the coffee with the super duper bean grinder maker, I'd be skeered too.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: Gee, It's Good... Half_Baked After Sharon posting...
Glad to have you home again, Jean---PHEW!!!! what cute little gifts you purchased---the nonsensical ones are always the greatest because they have such nice memories attached!!! Where is Lilliput??

We do the coffee bean thing here---our Saeco machine does a one cup at a time deal--regular size, half size or espresso--capuccino anyone?? Doesn't disturb the guests--just noisy if one is in the general vicinity. Love my morning cuppa!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Gee, It's Good... Roxanne 21 Glad to have you hom...
Lol I wouldn't care what time it was. The nectar of the gods will flow thru my veins the minute I wake up or it'll be miserable for the rest of the day for everyone Hahahaha!!

When I go to friends or family I usually take a bag of my beans pre-ground and my small french press (makes 1 cup). This way all I need to do is heat a cup of water add it to press with coffee and wait to have that delicious nectar

Re: Gee, It's Good... DFen911 Lol I wouldn't care ...
Those poor people, they felt so bad cause they know how I am about coffee in the a.m. and on top of that getting up 3-4 hours before they do.... whew! (I'll know to be prepared next visit)

I did pick up some fun jars of goodies to try -
Apricot-Jalapeno Pepper jelly - this was put in the jar in a clever way - one side apricot color " / " other green jalapeno color.

Feta & Pink Peppercorn Bread Dip (or put on pasta)

Huckleberry Habanero Pepper Jelly

Lemon/Pepper Campenella

Well, there goes the old woman's Social Security check....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Gee, It's Good... cjs Those poor people, t...
Anon looking at this one,

Check out the thread about Denise's dastardly deed with Gert and see the pix of Bob watching the ships. In the background is the ***** fishermen pix I mentioned early in this thread. I just love it!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Gee, It's Good... cjs ...to be back with y...
Good to have you back! I know what you mean about the coffee beans, I've been the first one up with a house full of guests. So, what did you buy in Lilliput???

Way off topic, I found some of the Crema Di Balsamico that Billy mentioned in a blog. Seems thicker than the Blaze I sent you once.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Gee, It's Good... Lorraine Good to have you bac...
"Crema Di Balsamico " - didn't that sound so good??? (Lilliput didn't have it... ) You found some? I'll have to look in the big cities next trip thru.

I bot some food type goodies that are in the car - will post about them when we get home. I found a great picture of fishermen (5 or 6) laying across a beam lowering a sail on a ***** in a storm. It's just gorgeous and frightening - perfect for where we live now.

Also bot a beautiful map (it's huge - about 30" X 4') that shows all of the Straits of Juan de Fuca and the cutest crab nightlamp (it's too big to call it a nightlite...) for the bathroom. So Roy Rogers has some frames to make soon!!

Some Christmas tree decorations - so much for scaling our lives down. Can't remember what else, oh and a couple of elf Chefs for the kitchen....just nothing I needed at all, but...
www.achefsjourney.com
Gee, It's Good...