Need twice baked potatoe recipe #2 from the December issue. She left the magazine in the shopping basket.

Also, looking for the Ruby Slipper cranberry champagne cocktail recipe.

Help, wife having meltdown woody Need twice baked pot...
Well now, hypertension yes, but we can't have a meltdown!

I can't for the life of me find my December issue, so here are two from December....and I didn't leave mine in a shopping cart...

"Good" Stuffed Potatoes
(Cuisine at home, December 2006, Issue 60, p. 23)

Makes: 4 Potatoes Total Time: 11⁄2 Hours Rating: Intermediate

Prepare:
5 medium russet potatoes (3 lb.)

Add to Riced Potatoes; Stuff:
2 T. olive oil
1/2 cup half and half, warmed
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
Salt to taste
Baked potato shells

Preheat oven to 450°.

Prepare potatoes by piercing them with a fork. Place into a plastic bag and coat with oil. Bake directly on the oven rack for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Remove potatoes from oven. While hot, cut off 1/4" lengthwise. Scoop the flesh into a bowl, being careful not to tear the skins. Rice the flesh while it’s hot using a ricer.

Add half and half, butter, and salt to the riced potatoes; stir to combine. Stuff mashed potatoes into the potato shells, mounding their tops. Line a baking sheet with a cooling rack and arrange stuffed potatoes on the rack. Bake until heated through and tops are golden, 8–10 minutes.

“Better” Stuffed Potatoes
(Cuisine at home, December 2006, Issue 60, p. 24)

Makes: 4 Potatoes Total Time: 11⁄2 Hours Rating: Intermediate

Prepare:
5 medium russet potatoes

Fold into Riced Potatoes; Stuff:
1/2 cup 2% milk, warmed
1/3 cup sharp Cheddar, grated
3 T. cooked bacon, crumbled
3 T. unsalted butter, softened
Salt to taste
Baked potato shells

Combine; Garnish with:
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 T. prepared horseradish
Juice of 1⁄2 a lemon
2 T. thinly sliced fresh chives

Preheat oven to 450°; line a baking sheet with a cooling rack.

Prepare potatoes by piercing them with a fork. Place into a plastic bag and coat with oil. Bake directly on the oven rack for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Remove potatoes from oven. While hot, cut off 1⁄4", lengthwise. Scoop the flesh into a bowl, being careful not to tear the skins. Rice the flesh while it’s hot using a ricer.

Fold milk, cheese, bacon, butter, and salt into the riced potatoes. Stuff mashed potatoes into the potato shells, mounding their tops; arrange stuffed potatoes on the prepared rack. Bake until heated through and tops are golden, 8–10 minutes.

Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, and lemon juice; season with salt. Serve over baked potatoes and garnish with chives.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Help, wife having meltdown cjs Well now, hypertensi...
cjdacook, thank you so much. My wife is overjoyed and sends you her love.

Merry Christmas

ps. the Straits of Juan de Fuca look like a beautiful part of the world.

Re: Help, wife having meltdown woody cjdacook, thank you ...
You're certainly welcome, Woody - hope you and your wife will come back and be a part of the forum! (at least to review the twice baked potato recipe...)

This is a beautiful part of the world to live!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Help, wife having meltdown