I ordered a subscription to Cook's Country. Have received my first issue yesterday. Does anybody else subscribe to this magazine? I loved it ...the layout is great...no ads...just like CAH. And one HUGE feature that I really hope CAH adopts from them. On the back cover of the magazine there is a little picture of each recipe in that magazine and an index of the pages it is on. DO you know how many times i had to search through years of CAH magazines to find one darn recipe....this is soooooooooo much easier. I hope the recipes are as good as they look but we shall see.

I feel guilty but.......... piano226 I ordered a subscrip...
Oh my Marina, that would be an excellent feature for C@H to have. I go nuts searching for things as it is.
Haven't subscribed to Cook's Country, but don't you feel guilty, just enjoy. Oh and share
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: I feel guilty but.......... farnfam Oh my Marina, that w...
It really is a huge NIGHTMARE looking for a recipe, I agree!! That is probably my biggest criticism of C@H---there is no easy way to find a recipe unless one uses it fairly frequently.

I'm curious about Cooks Country---thanks for the suggestion or heads up!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: I feel guilty but.......... Roxanne 21 It really is a huge ...
I have been digging throught the magazine a little more today and I am sooooooo impressed. I will be making ham and white bean soup from it in the next couple of days so I will let you guys know how it is...

But that index is impressive in the back...I hope if anybody from CAH is reading this will look into it...it is owesome.

And the index in the back cover divided in the categories: soups and sandwiches, starters, salads and sides, Main courses, beferages, salsa sauces and butter, sweet snacks and desserts. And the picture of each one. FABULOUS
  Re: I feel guilty but.......... Roxanne 21 It really is a huge ...
Quote:

It really is a huge NIGHTMARE looking for a recipe, I agree!! That is probably my biggest criticism of [Email]C@H---there[/Email] is no easy way to find a recipe unless one uses it fairly frequently.

CAH sends out a printed Comprehensive Index whenever you renew - haven't you received one? Anyway, I had the good fortune to be a website beta tester (either because I'm incredibly good looking or because I bought the entire library of back issues). It was probably the latter. Anyway, the website is awesome whenever they decide to turn it loose on the general public. It will give you total search capabilities.

Re: I feel guilty but.......... Ron [blockquote]Quote:[h...
I've got one or two of those indexes. Can't figure out heads or tails of 'em, so for me they're useless
But I can't wait to have acess to that new website.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: I feel guilty but.......... farnfam I've got one or two ...
I've dropped almost all my old favorite mags because of the ads and material that I'm not interested in. Slowly they fell...Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Cooking Light and others that I've forgotten about.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: I feel guilty but.......... Half_Baked I've dropped almost ...
I clicked the "notify moderator" button to see if anyone is paying attention. I PM'd the moderators a couple of days ago and no one has replied....I'm getting a little perturbed, you can substitute any word you want for perturbed

I just sent CAH this message:

Your message right above this one said to "for a quicker reply post it in the forum", that's getting to be pretty funny. I've sent emails to CAH, to the Editor, PM'd the moderators and generally tried to contact "someone" at CAH to answer some questions. So far, to no avail. IS ANYBODY HOME?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  I feel guilty but.......... piano226 I ordered a subscrip...
I was a charter subscriber, and still subscribe. I also get CI, and C@H, of course. It's a nice read, the few things I've made have been good. Although, like CI, you get the opportunity to dirty almost every pot, pan and cooking utensil you own!

All in all, I like it. I decided to drop Gourmet (I think almost everything I made didn't work, better for inspiration, Bon Appetite and Food and Wine.

I used to subscribe to those three because I could always find a deal-I'd read anything for a buck an issue. But I hated plowing through ads, rest. reviews for restaurants thousands of miles away, and reviews of REALLY expensive dinner ware.

Enjoy, and don't feel guilty! No magazine is an island!

PJ
PJ
I feel guilty but..........