Well, I started my semi-annual "Spring Cleaning" which consists of going through all of my kitchen cupboards, drawers, etc. today. I took all the tools, nails, duct tapes, measuring tapes, etc., back out to the garage where they belong. If someone is too lazy or shall we say forgetful, they put "it" in a drawer in the kitchen knowing I'll eventually put it back where "it" belongs. I also incorporated 4 drawers into 2 and threw some of those "what in the hell is this?" out. Now it's time to start looking with a jaundiced eye at all my "stuff."

Whachoo doing for Spring Cleaning?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

That Time of Year.... bjcotton Well, I started my s...
Billy my dear, I MUST clear out my cupboard above my working space/bench and I Must clean and reline my drawers. Also the shelves and drawers in the pastry room. There are things there that Methusela would have turned his nose up at.

Re: That Time of Year.... vannin Billy my dear, I MUS...
I remember some of those things Dale
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: That Time of Year.... bjcotton I remember some of t...
Well, we kind of started the same thing a few weeks ago, Billy. We've been adding storage racks a little at a time in the basement. I have a nice storage pantry now and an extra rack to store some of my "toys" that I don't use all the time. I got about half of my kitchen cupboards cleaned out. I'm on a mission to get this kitchen organized like yours. There are way too many useless items hanging around that seemed so cute or fun at the time, but now they are just taking up space.

Closets are next on the list. I've always been really good about the clothing closets, cleaning them out and rotating seasonally, then donating whatever isn't being used. But some of my other closets are a nightmare, again, so much wasted space. I'm determined to have this house "***** shape" by summer, so I can spend more time outside learning how to take care of a garden.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
In the kitchen, I did the interior cupboard cleaning/ organizing over the winter; it's the exterior of the cabinets that needs attention now. Especially the wall cabinets-- WHY did I get cabinets with so many little panes of glass???

I was actually doing well on the rest of the house-- got the walls in the downstairs rooms washed (that's loads of fun, with 12' ceilings)while it was raining last week. But now that nice weather is here-- I just have to be outside!

Spring Cleaning the "outside rooms"!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: That Time of Year.... foodfiend In the kitchen, I di...
I scraped out all of the old caulking in each of our 4 bathrooms and re-caulked it all myself. What a task, but it looks good.

Now, I'm cleaning closets and getting stuff ready to sell on ebay. A little extra cash for our summer vacation!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
Quote:

Whachoo doing for Spring Cleaning?

Hoping someone else will do it

PJ
PJ
" Whachoo doing for Spring Cleaning "

I'm going to empty out the suitcase I used at Christmas, so I can repack it this week.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: That Time of Year.... Lorraine " Whachoo doing for...
I'm with Lorraine, only it's a trailer! Portland trip in another week.

Hey BillyJ, that means you have two empty drawers to fill up with new gadgets....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: That Time of Year.... cjs I'm with Lorraine, o...
My plan was to wash the walls and take the books out of all the cases and wash behind them but it's no use to even try it right now.

We're just sitting here watching the pollen waft through the house. 100 is considered dangerous and we are up to 5499. It's the trees, sycamore, birch, oak, beech and I couldn't read the other one due to the pollen on the tv screen.

We can dust and literally watch the furniture get covered again. Our cars look yellow and one is red, the other is white. The pollen makes me feel sticky.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
That Time of Year....