I do a lot of wok cooking. I also bought my first hard-anodized cookware (a saute pan and a saucepot) in January and love them. I found a hard-anodized circulon wok and am interested (like I really need a third wok!) because it would use a lot less oil when cooking. I baby this new cookware and so far, so good, but a wok is meant to be stirred furiously and I wonder how this type of nonstick finish will hold up, even using silicone utensils. Any opinons before I go ahead and willy-nilly buy the thing???
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Any opinions about a hard anodized wok? foodfiend I do a lot of wok co...
I would think the high heat alone needed for your cooking would wipe out a nonstick finish very quickly!! Don't think I'd go that route.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Any opinions about a hard anodized wok? cjs I would think the hi...
It does, my Analon wok is shot. I'm going to the restaurant supply store for the next one.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Any opinions about a hard anodized wok? Mare749 It does, my Analon w...
I have one of those as well and find a problem with time and finish---but the good part is that the company I bought it from has a FREE service to recoat it. I have had it for about five years and have had a recoat once. I do a great deal of wok cooking--have a few other styles and I interchange them (according to my mood at the time )

This would not be a product I would recommend
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Any opinions about a hard anodized wok? foodfiend I do a lot of wok co...
I have a smooth top ceramic range, so I bought an electric wok. Even though I've used it infrequently and with non-metallic utensils I have a lot of scratches. Carbon steel woks are heavier, typically don't cost that much more than anodized, and last forever.

Re: Any opinions about a hard anodized wok? Ron I have a smooth top ...
I have a smooth top as well, Ron. I use ALL of my woks on it with NO PROBLEM!!!!

Re: Any opinions about a hard anodized wok? Roxanne 21 I have a smooth top ...
Quote:

I have a smooth top as well, Ron. I use ALL of my woks on it with NO PROBLEM!!!!

Hmmm, I was told that was a no-go when I bought. The electric just doesn't get as hot as I would like, and I wish I had a stovetop model. Do you stabilize it with anything?

Re: Any opinions about a hard anodized wok? Ron [blockquote]Quote:[h...
No, not at all and I achieve any temp I need--I know I have said this before but I will again---I LOVE MY SMOOTH TOP!!! Wouldn't work with anything else---sorry you gas lovers!!! You might want to try it---borrow a friend's for an experiment and go from there. Just a thought...

Re: Any opinions about a hard anodized wok? Roxanne 21 No, not at all and I...
When I said "the electric just doesn't get as hot as I want," I was referring to the plug-in electric wok, not the electric range. My range is capable of more heat than I ever use.

Re: Any opinions about a hard anodized wok? Ron When I said "the ele...
I know what you meant, Ron. My Mom has an electric wok and what a nightmare!!! I worked around the deficiencies while I was visiting but I must admit the results were less than I had hoped for---in other words, TERRIBLE but still edible....not my finest moment-----
Any opinions about a hard anodized wok?