There is a warning on one of my fishing bulleting boards about a massive spamware/virus alert. Beware any message coming on your computer saying you have a virus or worm. If you open the attachment - you will. Also, it may say that if you don't respond, your email will be cut off. Right now, it sounds like it's necessary to evaluate anything incoming on your computer and act with caution. The post was made by a reliable computer professional who has a good reputation on the fishing board. If anyone is interested I can copy the LENGTHY post here.

Virus alert... Ron There is a warning o...
Thank you very much for posting the alert! coco

Re: Virus alert... coco hernandez Thank you very much ...
Thanks Ron!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: Virus alert... Half_Baked Thanks Ron!...
Thanks, Ron. Are they saying that virus scan programs aren't catching it before it hits your email? Just curious cause I just got a new one.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Virus alert... Mare749 Thanks, Ron. Are th...
We have received those messages---cautious as we are we did not open!!! If you have proper firewalls---you're okay!!! NEVER, NEVER open an e-mail from a sender you do not know!!!!! My question---what is the purpose of this person behavior????
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Virus alert... Roxanne 21 We have received tho...
It is usually programmed by young people just for "fun" or to show they can. The same type that hack into companies, banks, etc.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Virus alert... bjcotton It is usually progra...
%$@&***%$#@!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Virus alert... Mare749 Thanks, Ron. Are th...
"Thanks, Ron. Are they saying that virus scan programs aren't catching it before it hits your email? Just curious cause I just got a new one."

The big anti-virus programs jumped on this immediately. If you didn't receive a virus message before the cure patch was added to your computer, your risk has probably dropped substantially. Of course, the twits that do this may send another version. I have the automatic update selected on my Norton Anti Virus and it has been recently updated twice.
Virus alert...