Here's a simple, quick recipe I came up with the other day. Most of you probably have something similar, so it'd be nice to have your version. There are no specific measures, just "to taste." I know tasting flour for seasoning isn't particularly fun, but.....

Chicken Tenders or half breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2-3 tablsepoons kosher salt/garlic powder mixture
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2-1 teaspoon ground sage

Mix all ingredients except the chicken thoroughly. Rinse the chicken well; shake off excess water and dredge in the flour mixture; place on a rack and chill for 30 minutes. You can either bake or pan-fry to your taste of doneness.

These were pretty tasty and this is the type of meal enjoyed here most of the time.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Easy Chicken Tenders bjcotton Here's a simple, qui...
love these kind of fast chicken goodies!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN

chicken pieces or breast, thighs - pieces or whole
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese -- grated
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Dash pepper
1 egg -- slightly beaten
2 T. milk

Rinse chicken; pat dry.
In a plastic bag combine all but egg & milk.
combine the egg & milk in a shallow dish.
Dip chicken in egg mix.; place chicken 2-3 pcs. at a time in plastic bag.
Shake to coat.

Place chicken, skin side up in an oven proof pan .
Bake 375 for 35 to 45 min. or till Chicken reaches 160°.

Chicken can be eaten hot or cold - either way, it's delicious!

An added treat - mince 3-4 cloves garlic, put in saucepan with cube of butter and melt; let sit a while. Then slather that mixture on Sourdough bread loaf that has been halved lengthwise and heat in oven. Oh boy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Easy Chicken Tenders cjs love these kind of f...
You know, I've never made these. Thanks for the recipes!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Easy Chicken Tenders Lorraine You know, I've never...
I made Jean's recipe tonight---I wanted something easy, quick but tasty!!! ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! A great recipe for one of those evenings one does not want to spend a whole bunch of time in the kitchen---seems to be my story lately!!!

I also cooked up some orzo that I picked up while in the States--just to see what it was all about. Pretty good but not that much different from the rice pasta that is readily available here. Very nice addition--again, quick and easy. Served with a salad and this was an excellent solo dinner---and I'm gonna make that sammich for tomorrow's dinner.

OH and--a little olive oil, lemon, basil vinaigrette was perfect!!!

Thanks, Jean.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Easy Chicken Tenders Roxanne 21 I made Jean's recipe...
glad you liked it, Rox - this was a real staple in our house when the kids were growing up - a few fries and they thot they were in pig heaven. And it was healthy for them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Easy Chicken Tenders