I keep losing this post---I am really annoyed but I will NOT GIVE UP!!!! Here goes:

Roasted Shrimp and Orzo

Kosher salt
Good olive oil
3/4 pound orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
Freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds (16 to 18 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup minced scallions, white and green parts
1 cup chopped fresh dill
1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and medium-diced
1/2 cup small-diced red onion
3/4 pound good feta cheese, large diced

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and a splash of oil, and bring the water to a boil. Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's cooked al dente. Drain and pour into a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.

Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer. Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through. Don't overcook!

Add the shrimp to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Toss well. Add the feta and stir carefully. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight. If refrigerated, taste again for seasonings and bring back to room temperature before serving.

I was having a "SHRIMP ATTACK" so I made this for my solo dinner last night. What a lovely, light, refreshing meal. This is an Ina Garten recipe--due credit given.

I did sub pasta bow ties for the orzo because I am hoarding the orzo until DH returns from Valencia and then I will make this for him with the given ingredients. I had a small piece of sourdough bread (homemade for Jean's chicken sandwich suggestion-------FANTASTIC!!!! )

This shrimp recipe is easy, quick and very tasty. No post pasta heaviness--which is usual for me no matter how much (or little) I eat. This is a winner if you like herbs and something a little different---

Just thought I would share from another forum!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Roasted Shrimp and Orzo Roxanne 21 I keep losing this p...
Thanks Roxanne, this sounds like something we would enjoy.

Suggestion: When you are posting, it seems that after a few minutes, you will "time out." To get around this, the last time I posted a recipe, I typed it in Word first, then copy and paste to the post.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Roasted Shrimp and Orzo Mare749 Thanks Roxanne, this...
Yeah---I know. I have had this problem before and learned. I have a sneaking suspicion that certain words or phrases may be blocked---conspiracy theorist that I am!!!

Re: Roasted Shrimp and Orzo Roxanne 21 Yeah---I know. I ha...
It's because you have no name tag Roxanne!

I wonder if grated Parm. Reg. could be subbed for the Feta? Feta isn't appreciated by my family, although I'm learning to eat it. As a friend once said, "If it's an acquired taste, it's not meant to be consumed."
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Roasted Shrimp and Orzo bjcotton It's because you hav...
OKAY----I did sub parm-reg for the feta---CRS (HUGE) moment there. I am not a fan of feta either so don't keep that readily available but PARM---YEAH!!! Great sub!!! Thanks for the nudge there, Billy!!! I grated on my microplane----YUMMMM!!!!

Re: Roasted Shrimp and Orzo Roxanne 21 OKAY----I did sub pa...
Kool! I'd better copy the recipe before I forget. Did you use the full amount of cheese?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Roasted Shrimp and Orzo bjcotton Kool! I'd better co...
I am getting VERY ANNOYED because my messages are deleted--even though I copy and paste etc.

Anyway, I grated enough parm according to what I thought would be "enough" ---grate what you think is appropriate for y'all. Remember it is a salt substitute--so you may want to cut back the salt in the recipe--unless you like a lot of salt!!! The parm was really a great sub!!!!

Re: Roasted Shrimp and Orzo Roxanne 21 I am getting VERY AN...
that does sound like a keeper, Roxanne! duly copied.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Roasted Shrimp and Orzo